• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trussini - boyd's hous line?

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas - Question...

I came across a Trussini sportcoat today that also had the Boyd's label. Generally when I am looking over consignment stuff I pass on names I don't know for ebaying... Some I grab for our offline customers if it is something I'd wear.

Anyway, it was canvassed and very nice looking and I knew Boyd's has nice stuff so I went ahead and took it. Anyone know who makes it for Boyd's (it is evidently their house label)... seems to be nice quality and was too pretty to pass on.

Grazie

brescd01

Reaction score
According to the staff at Boyds Trussini is a national brand. By this I mean that though the name of the concern may not be Trussini, it makes Trussini for the private label of a lot of men's stores across the country. It is not made by someone else, eg Isaia for Paul Stuart. This is how I understood the staff's description anyway.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've seen Trussini elsewhere -- it's the low-end line of tailored clothing at M. Penner in Houston. It's attractive enough stuff (although I don't remember it being canvassed).

blipstein

Reaction score
Hi,

Trussini is a national brand. Boyd's actually doesn't have their own house brand. They put the Boyd's label in every single piece of clothing they sell in addition to the manufacturers label.

I also don't believe that Trussini makes a canvassed garment. I'd be curious to hear about other garments you've bought and what some of your favorites may have been?

rajesh06

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Carlo
Hey fellas - Question...

I came across a Trussini sportcoat today that also had the Boyd's label. Generally when I am looking over consignment stuff I pass on names I don't know for ebaying... Some I grab for our offline customers if it is something I'd wear.

Anyway, it was canvassed and very nice looking and I knew Boyd's has nice stuff so I went ahead and took it. Anyone know who makes it for Boyd's (it is evidently their house label)... seems to be nice quality and was too pretty to pass on.

Grazie

It is my understanding that Boyds is the primary distributor of Trussini in the US -but I dont believe that it is a "house brand" - i.e. where manufacturing is directly influenced by the retailer.

I do belive that most Trussini is canvassed. I shop at Boyd's quite a bit and have a number of Trussini garmets. For reference - I would say that the quality is a notch below Canali for suits and odd jackets and Zanella for trousers (which are the primary brands that I buy at Boyds). The price is generallay 20% off those brands.

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own three Trussini Garmets. It is national and not a house brandlike rajesh said they are the distributor of it, think Francos and Martegani. It is they best rip off of Canali, think Canali of 10 years ago quality wise. Fabrics are very nice and fit is pretty good. They do a drop 7 in a flat front pant which i don't care for much but the drop 6 is very nice. Suits run about $1000-$1200 depending on fabric. I would recommend them for the price as they do have nice garmets.

rajesh06

Reaction score
Originally Posted by demeis
It is they best rip off of Canali, think Canali of 10 years ago quality wise.

Just curious - do you think Canali was better or worse 10 year ago?

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just studied some Trussini suits at Jonathan in Cedarhurst, NY. They are definitely fully canvassed and have a surprising amount of handwork throughout. The cut and shoulders were very attractive. It seems like an excellent value compared to similarly priced suits.

lithium180

Reaction score
Living in Philly, I see these on consignment and thrift shop racks quite often, though I haven't seen anything worth grabbing yet except for a tie or two.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads