• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trussardi quality

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A colleague has landed some work at the Trussardi HQ and has been given a staff discount card allowing 40% off. I have no experience of their stuff and would be interested to know about their quality(/price) ratio etc. Is their stuff very fashionable or will it be versatile over some years? I was just thinking of some fairly conservative shirts and maybe a trench/rain coat.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
They've just recently launched a new men's line with a new creative director (I think just within the past year), so you should definitely check it out and let us know. I've seen older Trussardi stuff overseas and it was decent, but nothing to get wildly excited about. http://men.style.com/fashion/collect...eview/TRUSSMEN The new stuff you can see on men.style.com from the most current collection. It's being positioned as a premium label, which means you'll be paying about the same as all the major brands (Valentino, Prada, etc.). Not sure about quality, but I seriously doubt it's going to be Borrelli or anything. Like the others, it's selling an aesthetic/style, not a sartorial handcrafted masterpiece.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an unstructured wool overcoat from about 10 years ago. I like it well enough. It seems quite well constructed (although fused, and not fully canvassed), and is in a classic cut, so I can imagine myself wearing it for the next 20 years...If you see something you like, then I'd consider getting it, especially at 40% discount. I haven't bought any of their clothes recently, so I wouldn't be able to rate them for "fashionability" or otherwise...

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trussardi is a highly reputable company. They have long time been considered to be at the top end of casual wear. Their Milan band- Flagship store is splendid. Have a few items, sweaters outerwear & pants. Not at al fashion forward, like D&G or other. think they are still family run ...

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
repeating the xp of other nto fashion foward but the generally a good product for a good price. the sweaters for me are great.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You guys (speedster, et. al) are correct about the Trussardi company, but I don't believe they've ever had a presence in the USA, or at least not much in menswear, until this new line "Trussardi 1911" under the creative directorship of Vukmirovic that started last winter. So, depending on where the OP is located (I was assuming he's in the USA), the items we may have here to view may not be the standard, classic Trussardi stuff...

If you look at the link posted above, Trussardi's new direction for menswear is definitely fashion forward...

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^:
MO. = Modena. Italy.
There are quite a number of outlets and production facilities in the area.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Britalian
^^:
MO. = Modena. Italy.
There are quite a number of outlets and production facilities in the area.

OOps... nevermind. I thought MO was "Missouri."

Carry on then and, in that case, I'd say Speedster is correct.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads