1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Trump clothing line

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Bradford, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

I can't believe I'm the first one to post about this. Did anyone else see The Apprentice tonight? At the beginning, Trump announced that he's coming out with the Trump signature line of fine clothing. Don't know where it will be sold, but it looked to be suits, shirts and ties.

Then he sent the teams off to design clothes for American Eagle. The really funny thing was Bren, who normally dresses like he might be one of our members, wearing the jeans, zip-up sweat jacket, and the "I lie to girls" baseball cap. Luckily his team won, so they got to go to Bergdorf's and shop and Bren was able to get back into his suit and bow tie and pick out another suit as his prize.

Anyhow - it will be interesting to see who's producing the line of Trump apparel and what type of quality it is.

2. Matt

Matt [email protected]

if he launches a haircare line, then I will open 'The Michael Jackson Center for Childcare"

3. Mike C.

Mike C. Distinguished Member

Nice, time to throw out my Black Label, and make room for Trump. I can't wait..

As of now, he said that Brioni makes the best suits. I wonder if that will change when his $499 suits hit the market.

4. alchimiste

alchimiste Senior Member

We also need a Chez Ernest store, selling brown suits and crocodile shoes.

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

([email protected] @ April 08 2005,12:43) if he launches a haircare line, then I will open 'The Michael Jackson Center for Childcare'
    We also need a Chez Ernest store, selling brown suits and crocodile shoes.
    The window models must be wearing suits with big fat Rolex sport watches. With diamonds.

6. alchimiste

alchimiste Senior Member

Does Hermes make the "H" belt in crocodile? Ernest would not allow a belt not matching the boots (are boots for farmers BTW?)

7. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

The Trump suits looked awful. I saw him claim on a show not long ago that he would be wearing them rather than Brioni from now on. Apparently they're available at your local neighborhood Macy's.

I tend to think that Craig and Bren did not buy a Trump suit in Bergdorf's. I'd love to know what they bought and what their budget was.

Does anyone else think that Bren needs to do something with that greasy looking hair?

8. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

Does the Donald even shop at BG? I mean it does not seem like a store that would appeal to him. What with the tailors at BG insisting that he show his shirt cuffs...

I think Ernest and Trump should make their own bargain store to compete with C21 or FB; after all they both like a good "˜deal'.

Jon.

9. arvi

arvi Senior Member

at least all those who were into the regis philbin solid tie with matching shirt look will have a line of suits ..
    anyway, the way the donald looks in his brionis he may may as well save money and wear his own line

10. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Stylish Dinosaur

I'll bet the Trump line is made with rather nice Super fabric, but the shoddiest fused construction you could imagine.

11. alchimiste

alchimiste Senior Member

Will they be 4-piece suits with a wig in a matching fabric?

12. whnay.

whnay. Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Trump shops at Brioni in NYC, I saw a lifestyle's of the rich and famousque type show where he toured around Brioni picking out various suits and ties.

13. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Distinguished Member

"I want to look like Donald Trump"--customer at the Brioni store one fateful day. [​IMG] koji

14. alchimiste

alchimiste Senior Member

Something I'd tell my banker rather than my tailor.

15. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

(whnay. @ April 08 2005,07:24) Trump shops at Brioni in NYC, I saw a lifestyle's of the rich and famousque type show where he toured around Brioni picking out various suits and ties.
    "I want to look like Donald Trump"--customer at the Brioni store one fateful day. [​IMG] koji
    That's fucked up. Jon.