• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Truman Boots

kevin1367

Reaction score
I wear an 11.5D in the alden barrie last, and the 11.5 was a tad small for me for the trumans if that helps.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would you please share the email address to get in touch with Truman boots? The 'contact' page on their website isn't working and nobody's answering the phone # listed on their website. Also, I wear Viberg size 10.5 in the 2030 last service boots. Should I go for size 11 in the Truman boots? I wear US size 11E in most Allen Edmonds and Alden boots except the Indy Boots (10.5D) and Barrie last (10.5D). Thanks.

Go at least 1 size up from the barrie. I went 1.5 but the barrie fits me pretty snug

drewcandraw

Reaction score
Has anyone else with wider feet/high volume arch have trouble with the vamp being extra tight or does it take a while to break in? Emailed Vince but wanted to hear from anyone on here. I can only wear dress socks/thinner socks for now.

Any mid-weight boot socks puts so much pressure and around my foot.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have been a slimmer fit in that area since day 1. Some have even said they are loosening up now due to possibly thinner lining being used? Heard on Reddit they got some info from one of the actual workers. Can't remember details though.

Happyd00d

Reaction score
Some photos of the Navy Shell Cordovan boots. Unfortunately too small for me so I'll have to end up selling them.

Dog Approved
Gorgeous dog, and boots.
smile.gif

Whirling

Reaction score

They have been a slimmer fit in that area since day 1. Some have even said they are loosening up now due to possibly thinner lining being used? Heard on Reddit they got some info from one of the actual workers. Can't remember details though.

That might have been me on Reddit...per Charles at Truman, they have taken various steps to make them a little roomier, including thinner sock liners glued on top of the actual insoles. One could email him, [email protected], to ask more about this. They also can stretch the boots in advance, if one requests, though they only make them on D-width lasts currently.

Deusis

Reaction score
Even though the toe is unstructured, do you think the stiffness (for lack of a better word) of cordovan will prevent the toe from eventually collapsing?

These seem pretty stiff for unstructured -- which I don't mind. I couldn't say for certain but I don't think they'd collapse as some extreme cases I've seen of other shell boots.

Ketawa

Reaction score
Anyone have pics of waxy black kudu in the wild? Ever since I bought some Viberg brown waxed flesh in the GMTO last year, my black leather CWU-45 bomber jacket isn't getting any love. The Vibergs outclass my black Wolverine 1k Miles so much that I mainly wear my brown A2.

I'm thinking unstructured cap toe, no pull tab, no speed hooks, nickel hardware, commando sole. Possibly also requesting a blacked out sole.

Wondering if anyone could chime in with some sizing advice. Here are some details.

Brannock device: 14C left foot, 13.5C right foot
Viberg 2030 last unstructured cap toe: size 13 is almost too small for left foot, big toe rubs against the top of the boot a little, but overall pretty good
Wolverine 1000 Miles: 13D fits pretty well for both feet

I use a half-length insole in my boots due to some foot problems, although I don't think they affect the fit too much..

I told Truman customer service I would potentially be open to ordering a pair in mismatched sizes if it would make sense. They responded by recommending a size 13.5. I'm sort of thinking about a 14 left foot/13.5 right foot. Thoughts?

I took the plunge and ordered these in 14 left/13.5 right. I figure since my feet are half a size in difference, the best way to reduce risk that my sizing is off will be to actually order boots that are mismatched, and the consensus seems to be that Truman boots are TTS.

My order is basically the makeup shown on the website except with nickel hardware and 7 eyelets. Looking forward to them!

Last edited:

Whirling

Reaction score
Truman's Instagram account has announced that the company has moved to Colorado and are making all of their boots there now. Colorado is beautiful, but I will miss being able to visit them here in Pennsylvania.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Truman's Instagram account has announced that the company has moved to Colorado and are making all of their boots there now. Colorado is beautiful, but I will miss being able to visit them here in Pennsylvania.

Whoa, that's a big move..! I've always liked that they were a PA outfit (being my home state).

NorthCoast

Reaction score
Whoa, that's a big move..! I've always liked that they were a PA outfit (being my home state).

Yes it is but I guess all you need to do is move the machines and you can make them anywhere.

I think the GYW thread on this had a mildly interesting discussion of local rents and expenses.

I have no idea what the area is like but apparently it's very popular.

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting- CO rents/prices are getting pretty outrageous in the popular areas from what I understand. A colleague of mine moved to the Denver area last month and decided to rent for a little to get a feel for the area before buying. The landlord actually suggested a month to month rent over a year lease b/c they said they would be able to raise the rent again

Whirling

Reaction score

Does anyone know if the Roughout leather option will come back?

You should email them directly with this question. However, they probably won't say because they won't have decided. If you email them, it is possible that they would be able to make something rough-out for you, even if it's not on website right now.

phidauex

Reaction score

Yes it is but I guess all you need to do is move the machines and you can make them anywhere.

I think the GYW thread on this had a mildly interesting discussion of local rents and expenses.

I have no idea what the area is like but apparently it's very popular.

I'm glad they moved, they are our neighbors now! The Boulder area is beautiful and a great place to live, but it is pricey. Fortunately they got into one of the better small industrial parts of town, next door to a craft distillery, a homebrew shop, a solar products warehouse, a few marijuana grows, and my space (a workshop cooperative/makerspace). It is a good neighborhood to be in, and the town is a good fit for boots. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads