• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Truman Boots

mjunderw00d

Reaction score
I wonder if they’re building them a bit smaller. They advised me to go with my Iron Ranger size for their 79 Last, and they fit okay, but I definitely could have gone up half a size.
they advised the same as my IR size as well (9.5EE) but after trying on at a local shop, the 10 was about the same fit as my 9.5 IR's. So yeah, they were off on their sizing recommendation. But the 10EE's that I received are noticeably shorter than the 10's I tried on in store. Truman didn't offer any suggestions or fixes since I ordered them through a stockist. Less than ideal scenario. Beautiful boots though, for whoever ends up with them.

LeviMay

Reaction score
That’s too bad, man. Between CAD exchange and shipping, I’m married to these ones. They’re do-able, and I’m still hoping they’ll break in a touch more, but still a bit frustrating.

WestLinn

Reaction score
On my last drive out of Oregon (which is sad because I really liked living there and after moving I still went back there frequently, but no longer) I stopped in Eugene and drove by Truman. I must say, it was pretty underwhelming. However, people don't buy the boots for how the company HQ and factory look. I did think that it would be a bit more presentable however.

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
Selling my Truman x Blue Owl Veldt boot.
Worn once.
Size 9.5D (old 79 last so it fits TTS)
Box and space laces included

325.00 firm

Attachments

• 4E77B306-ACB3-4D7A-AEDB-0F9FF1CCEB2D.jpeg
    4E77B306-ACB3-4D7A-AEDB-0F9FF1CCEB2D.jpeg
    252.8 KB · Views: 232
  • E505AAC7-12DB-42B5-A1D7-DFFCF0652FDE.jpeg
    E505AAC7-12DB-42B5-A1D7-DFFCF0652FDE.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 210

LeviMay

Reaction score
I tried putting the grailed link, but it keeps changing to a broken ebay link. Weird.

PM me if anyone’s interested.

WestLinn

Reaction score
I tried putting the grailed link, but it keeps changing to a broken ebay link. Weird.

PM me if anyone’s interested.
Such a nice looking boot. I live at 8700 feet in the Colorado Rockies and need rugged boots (I chainsaw wood a lot in the evenings after work and even though I do desk work in my house, I end up mucking around a lot in mud, snow and dirt). But as I age, my feet seem to grow and I need 11's at least. I need lug soles, but they necessitate that I have a brush scraper outside the door before I go inside, lest I track in a load of mud and snow.

LeviMay

Reaction score
Such a nice looking boot. I live at 8700 feet in the Colorado Rockies and need rugged boots (I chainsaw wood a lot in the evenings after work and even though I do desk work in my house, I end up mucking around a lot in mud, snow and dirt). But as I age, my feet seem to grow and I need 11's at least. I need lug soles, but they necessitate that I have a brush scraper outside the door before I go inside, lest I track in a load of mud and snow.

If you’re an 11 Brannock, these would fit great.

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey y’all, really wanting a pair of Truman 79 Last in either Black Oil Tanned Roughout, steel Predator, Cattail Grizzly, or Stone Rambler. I personally think the last is the best out there atm. I’m a 10D Brannock, is going down .5 good with that last?

also, what’s the typical turnaround time? Only thing that’s stopped me is the waiting ?

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My boots in shrunken bison arrived in less than four weeks. Will they take a high shine? Thanks View attachment 1624712
It might, if you'd like to be cautious, I'd email Truman, but I'm sure it would take a high shine.

Hey y’all, really wanting a pair of Truman 79 Last in either Black Oil Tanned Roughout, steel Predator, Cattail Grizzly, or Stone Rambler. I personally think the last is the best out there atm. I’m a 10D Brannock, is going down .5 good with that last?

also, what’s the typical turnaround time? Only thing that’s stopped me is the waiting ?
I'm more of a 10 D/E on brannock, although, I personally don't like going by brannock but I went a .5 size down. I'm generally a 10 tts and 9.5 for a generous fitting last. If I were to get another pair of Trumans which I might some time down the road, I'd go wide to accommodate for thick socks. I tried a 9.5 and 10 on the P79 and exchange the 10 for a 9.5. 10 felt a tad long for my left foot; my shorter foot. I could wear thick socks in the 9.5, but after some hours my right foot feels a bit snug. Hope this helps. I'd own more Trumans if they had more patterns since I like the P79 and the continuity of leather additions. In my experience, MTOs take about less than 16 weeks or close to it if it's stitchdown and their stock offerings about 8 weeks. They're responsive to order inquiries as well, yet being mindful they're a small ass shop.

Jmccle2

Reaction score

I just received shipping on my MTO. Right at 3 months.

therangelife

Reaction score
Any thoughts on recent Truman sizing? I see advice for TTS to Brannock and .5 down. I'm a 10 in 2030/1035, but would prefer a wide on both of those. I also see some references to a tight instep, so not sure if I should go wide. Thanks for any help.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads