• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Truman Boots

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're no longer offering stitchdown. I'm happy managed to get a pair of stitchdown coach ramblers. Now I just have to patiently wait.
They do still offer it as an option on their occasional MTO offerings. Or at least they have on the past couple.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They do still offer it as an option on their occasional MTO offerings. Or at least they have on the past couple.
They sent out an email yesterday with a statement about the future. It sounds like they won't be offering stitchdown as a custom offering anymore.

STITCH-DOWN
In 2018, we made the switch from stitch-down construction to good-year welting on the majority of our collections. While we have considered dropping stitch-down from our collection for several years in a row, this past year seemed to really yield that progression for us. The numbers for those customers electing stitch-down indicated that it no longer made sense for us to maintain the components for this construction on the factory floor, and therefore, we have shifted to remove the construction method from our current and future production in it’s entirety. And, although we have built boots utilizing stitch-down construction for 6 years, the transition away from this method doesn't feel a negative one in any way. This shift is simply just answering our customer's demand.

Last edited:

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They sent out an email yesterday with a statement about the future. It sounded like they won't be offering stitchdown as a custom offering anymore.

Ah, right, I hadn't seen that. Bad news to me...

edgarallanpoe

Reaction score
It makes sense. If their customers aren't ordering it in enough numbers to make it a viable option, what other choice do they have? I personally like the look of stitchdown, but my profession does not benefit from it. I'm a teacher, so me ordering stitchdown for a pair of boots is like killing a fly with a battleship. lol Hell, I've been asking them to include more options for a leather sole or a non-lug rubber...like a Danite. They offer Danite but only on select models and I am not interested in those. Paying an upcharge of $100+ dollars for something that only has aesthetic value to me isn't worth it. Again...my personal opinion based on my needs. I understand that some of you guys work outdoors and this may preclude you from looking at Truman boots. But they know their numbers and are saying that the numbers don't warrant the resources.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They used to offer stitchdown in every mto from what I’ve seen and they stopped this last one. I’m sure more people would’ve done the most recent mto if it was offered.

someone also asked them via Instagram. That’s how I found out.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They used to offer stitchdown in every mto from what I’ve seen and they stopped this last one. I’m sure more people would’ve done the most recent mto if it was offered.

someone also asked them via Instagram. That’s how I found out.

I really like this new last -- similar to the Viberg 310 but without the higher heel. This last in a good black leather, with captoe and stitched down construction would be ideal to me. But if I could get everything else but in goodyear wellt I'd probably still bite.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received shipping notification for my Cattail Grizzly Uplands! Should have them by Wednesday. So pumped!
Nice! Post pictures when they arrive. The cattail grizzly leather looks great.

I emailed them earlier in the week and they replied saying that my Coach Rambler MTO should be shipped in 2 or 3 weeks. I ordered them in the 1st week of the MTO. I also got a pair of the Desert Oasis suede makeup during Black Friday, they said to expect a shipping notification by the end of the week. Which should’ve been Friday, so hopefully I get the tracking today.

LeviMay

Reaction score
Nice. The Coach Rambler looks great, but I’m just not rugged enough for it. Haha.

LeviMay

Reaction score
These bad boys showed up today. I’m in love.
DC16DA59-3F15-461C-BD18-472686C280A2.jpeg

LeviMay

Reaction score
Not white, but not as gold as it appears on the site. Kind of tan or khaki, I guess.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads