• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Truman Boots

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
website has been updated slightly. Looks good.

Also, thank you for the black mini ripple. I see myself building something on this in the future. Check IG for photo.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh boy oh boy.

Those mini ripple boots are phenomenal. The leather heel stack looks so good. The embossed chromepak looks seriously tough, too. Pictures for convenience:

So many interesting boots. Great stuff all around.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh boy oh boy.

Those mini ripple boots are phenomenal. The leather heel stack looks so good. The embossed chromepak looks seriously tough, too. Pictures for convenience:

So many interesting boots. Great stuff all around.
They added 9 eyelets. That is the kicker for me.
The sole and heel I could do without.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ohhhhh...you're right. I didn't even notice that, but it's definitely part of the reason I like them so much. I dig it. 9 eyelets could look really good in some other makeups, for sure.

sask boot

Reaction score
For anyone who ordered the dark olive does it take a shine? The description says heavily oiled so I am wondering if it stays matte or with wax it can be shined up. Any information greatly appreciated.

greydarrah

Reaction score
I've got a pair of the Waxed Java (a few months old) and was wondering something. Let me start by saying how much I love these boots! After some wear on the boots, I can really notice how rough/nappy the leather looks. It's not quite like suede (the rough side of the leather), but it's also not like a real smooth finished leather, as you might find on a dress shoe. I like that look, but also wonder if anyone has ever tried polishing them with regular shoe polish? So far, I've only put Huberd's Shoe Grease on them (once), which brought back the dark Java color. But if you ever wanted to dress them up, could you get a regular shoe polish to actually build up a smoother shine? Anyone ever tried it? I know they're more intended for a rougher looking boot, but I was just wondering.

Thanks,
Grey

biglmbass

Reaction score
I've got a pair of the Waxed Java (a few months old) .......................After some wear on the boots, I can really notice how rough/nappy the leather looks. It's not quite like suede (the rough side of the leather), but it's also not like a real smooth finished leather, as you might find on a dress shoe.
Can't answer your question, but would love to see a pic. The ones I've seen online (Java) look almost black. I trust it's more of a dark brown?

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a pair of the Waxed Java (a few months old) and was wondering something. Let me start by saying how much I love these boots! After some wear on the boots, I can really notice how rough/nappy the leather looks. It's not quite like suede (the rough side of the leather), but it's also not like a real smooth finished leather, as you might find on a dress shoe. I like that look, but also wonder if anyone has ever tried polishing them with regular shoe polish? So far, I've only put Huberd's Shoe Grease on them (once), which brought back the dark Java color. But if you ever wanted to dress them up, could you get a regular shoe polish to actually build up a smoother shine? Anyone ever tried it? I know they're more intended for a rougher looking boot, but I was just wondering.

Thanks,
Grey

Not really a "dress up" style or material of leather. The waxed flesh is supposed to turn to a suede like texture. Grease will get it back to the "waxed" state, but I would suspect you'd have to build up a ton of layers of wax to get it to shine or look like a regular calf leather.

I wouldn't bother, beat these up like they were meant to be, grease them if you prefer the waxed look, and enjoy them. Consider a second pair in a Cafe Macchiato Calf, or wait and see if they are posting more finer grain leathers. Which I'm sure they will.

sask boot

Reaction score
Anyone know of what leathers might be coming in the next month or two?

biglmbass

Reaction score
Anyone know of what leathers might be coming in the next month or two?

Per a thread on another forum:

"Janus Butt Roughouts from C.F. Stead, Natty CXL Roughout from Horween, and some Finnish Yak sample hides"

sask boot

Reaction score
Yak!!!!! That sounds interesting, Thank you for the information.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads