• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Truman Boots

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure it was Navy Reverse Chamois from Horween

gte872h

Reaction score

I think this one is more uniform and less distressed. It probably has less pull-up also. I pushed for Vince to use it because I liked it so much. It is rich, thick, durable. It doesn't start with that lived-in look. It is more standard in that way, making for slightly more refined look, IMHO.

This is why I couldn't resist ordering the amaretto horsehide boot as my first pair of Trumans. I was told it is 7oz leather which is nice and heavy! Such a fantastic makeup!

Whirling

Reaction score

This is why I couldn't resist ordering the amaretto horsehide boot as my first pair of Trumans. I was told it is 7oz leather which is nice and heavy! Such a fantastic makeup!

Well, I can't wait for mine to arrive...

I have a number of pairs of boots with 7-8 oz. leather, so I clearly like the heavy stuff. Also, 7 oz. leather should basically last forever unless subjected to the worst conditions and never conditioned/oiled/greased.

I asked for mine with the lactae hevea soles, as I have found them super comfortable in the past, while being remarkably durable. Hence, I am planning on my pair being extremely practical for a wide range of uses.

I went for a structured non-cap toe, all antique brass eyelets, no pull tab. However, as part of my visiting them and having the opportunity to request boots in a new leather for them, I let them know I would be flexible on the makeup for sample purposes.

How did you order yours?

gte872h

Reaction score

I have a number of pairs of boots with 7-8 oz. leather, so I clearly like the heavy stuff. Also, 7 oz. leather should basically last forever unless subjected to the worst conditions and never conditioned/oiled/greased.

I asked for mine with the lactae hevea soles, as I have found them super comfortable in the past, while being remarkably durable. Hence, I am planning on my pair being extremely practical for a wide range of uses.

I went for a structured non-cap toe, all antique brass eyelets, no pull tab. However, as part of my visiting them and having the opportunity to request boots in a new leather for them, I let them know I would be flexible on the makeup for sample purposes.

How did you order yours?

I ordered plain toe, unstructured, brass eyelets with speed hooks, no pull tab, asking for a full double leather midsole- with Dainite logger half sole if they still have it otherwise studded half sole. The full double leather midsole may cost a bit extra if they can do that for me. The LH soles sound great though!

Shalomp

Reaction score
got these pictures off the lactae heavea facebook page.

their soles look pretty sweet! hope vince and truman brings more of their options in
smile.gif

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's great that there's a LH Facebook page. I mean I guess of course there would be, but I'm still glad to hear it.

jlchau

Reaction score
If he would have quoted me, you would have been able to see, but since he didn't.... The Viberg (Color 8) on 2030 is 8.0 and the Truman (Navy) is 8.5.

Please let me know if you ever decide to sell those Viberg Color 8's.

gte872h

Reaction score

How did you order yours?

I decided to go with the standard thinner second leather midsole since the upper is a plain toe unstructured boot. The full double leather midsole might turn out too bottom heavy with an unstructured toe.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cleaned these up as they pretty dirty .Went over them with a deer bone . Java waxed flesh @ 1 year

NorthCoast

Reaction score
Cleaned these up as they pretty dirty .Went over them with a deer bone . Java waxed flesh @ 1 year

Whats the deer bone technique?

I'm planning on reapplying wax to mine to keep them waterproof.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Whats the deer bone technique?

I'm planning on reapplying wax to mine to keep them waterproof.

Its usually used on shell cordovan to smooth the leather and draw oils to the surface . I just did it for kicks . looks like this

gsgleason

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Vince changed something with lasting/production that gives boots significantly more volume? The Dark Olive I recently got is much more loose than the Snuff Mohawk.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads