Truman Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by gfloridafan93, Jan 5, 2015.

1. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

How is this compared to the house hide Truman offered earlier.. Of the two which one did you like better?

2. Whirling

Whirling Senior member

I think this one is more uniform and less distressed. It probably has less pull-up also. I pushed for Vince to use it because I liked it so much. It is rich, thick, durable. It doesn't start with that lived-in look. It is more standard in that way, making for slightly more refined look, IMHO.

3. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Thrilled with the new kids that arrived...great job Vince and co. Left the sole, quarters and stitching color up to Vince on these and I could not be happier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The sole takes a bit getting used to but so comfy...I have rlh sole in another pair of shoes so was not shocked by the feel but the knobby bottom was interestin on first step...sorry I can spoiler or change size when I get to my pc.

Whatever Vince did in lasting is terrific...the tight top arch is gone and I can now wear a medium or lighter weight sock with equal comfort.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  4. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Whoa, wild to say the least. Remind me of a Trickers for some reason. I'm sure you'll love that LH sole

5. Whirling

Whirling Senior member

Amazing! Beautiful!

6. meso

meso Senior member

Amaretto looks interesting, like a reddish "british tan."

7. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

I am planning on getting a pair in amaretto. The leather should darken a little bit with wear as it is veg tanned.

8. vettemike

vettemike Senior member

I can't wait to see someone post photos of these boots after some wear. They should patina nicely.

9. Whirling

Whirling Senior member

I am hoping to get my amaretto horsehide Trumans in the next week or so. I will definitely share some photos.

When I saw the sample of the leather back at the beginning of March, it called out to me from among a broad selection that Vince was considering. I have kind of "old-school" tastes, so it is more conventional than many leathers Truman offers, which tend to show a lot of "character" even when new.

I will also add that I like casual boots to be made out of robust, durable, thicker leather, which all describe this horsehide too.

What I don't know is whether I played a significant role in Vince picking this leather or not. Perhaps he was already going to use it or perhaps I was one of many people who picked it out of the line-up.

10. Shalomp

Shalomp Senior member

11. Whirling

Whirling Senior member

I chatted with Vince about the LH soles when I visited and ordered a pair of boots with them. The natural latex requires different techniques to trim and shape to the outline of the boot. Also, it requires special glues to attach. Finally, it appears that Vince often pairs it with a doubled leather midsole.

I don't know what the soles cost, but they are made out of a natural material and come from France, where labor is as expensive as just about anywhere, so I imagine they cost more than standard soles made out of petroleum-based synthetic rubber.

12. Shalomp

Shalomp Senior member

13. Whirling

Whirling Senior member

It would be good to ask someone from Truman directly, but I would think it is possible later to switch from LH to Dainite, for example, when resoling.

14. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

@Whirling
    Thanks gents...literally no break in at all...so far. Put about 3 miles on them today for first time out.

15. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

Excellent Kahuna. They turned out great. What is the suede part? I am very interested in trying out the rlh sole some day

enjoy!