1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Truman Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by gfloridafan93, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Whirling

Whirling Senior member

Wow! Wow! Those look great! I ordered the LH sole on some Trumans I am getting. I have that sole on some Rancourts. I also have a similar sole on some 15+ year-old John Lobbs. I really like it...a touch squishy, but does a great job keeping my feet from getting sore walking around all day...and surprisingly durable

I think that olive leather is just phenomenal...your photos make it look even better than Truman's website does.

I bet the unstructured toe will be fine. It might be possible to retrofit a toe puff when you resole them...

2. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

3. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

That boot is terrific...I need that leather in a Derby...ASAP...

1 person likes this.
  4. gsgleason

gsgleason Senior member

The leather has a slighly more green tone than the photos were able to capture. Or maybe it's my monitor. The leather is indeed amazing. I am please with my purchase.

5. gsgleason

gsgleason Senior member

That would be a fantastic makeup. I hope Truman comes up with a nice derby pattern.

1 person likes this.
  6. gsmith

gsmith Member

Have they started shipping the waxy mowhawk boots yet?

7. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

8. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I wonder how his derby shoe is coming along. I'm going to be very interested to see that in some of these leathers he's rolling out.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  9. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Agree Frank. I hope they're stitch down.

1 person likes this.
  10. greydarrah

greydarrah Member

It's funny, you talk about Truman's boot being a little on the narrow side. I found it to be the exact opposite. I normally like to by E width whenever I can find it. My foot isn't wide in a big way, but I'm usually a little tight in any D width shoe and often end up wearing some damp socks for a week or so to stretch out the leather. I found my Truman Waxed Java (got them about 2 weeks ago) to be very roomy in the width department. Good luck with that unstructured toe box...I'm not a fan of that collapsed look either. Your boots are beautiful!

11. Whirling

Whirling Senior member

They just took some steps to make them roomier, without actually altering the last, so that may be part of it. Also, I don't think that Trumans are particularly narrow, but they may have been a little snugger volume wise in the forefoot.

12. thomasB

thomasB Well-Known Member

Got my Trumans last week. It was right at 9 weeks from finalizing my order until they arrived on my porch. It's a fairly simple makeup - which is exactly what I wanted.

Natural CXL
    plain (structured) toe
    all (brass) eyelets
    no pull tab
    dainite

I was initially worried when I tried to jam my foot into them the first time that they were too small. However, once I got them on I was relieved the fit was spot on. And now that they've been worn a few times they are starting to loosen up and getting them on/off isn't such a burden. My last pair of boots were Indy's in a 9.5D. In comparison the Trumans in a size 10 fit me much better. The lengths are about the same but I find the D width Truman to be narrower than the D width in the Alden truebalance last.

I do have second thoughts about if I should have went with the Lactae Hevea sole option. They sound comfy!

The construction is near flawless as far as I'm concerned. Nothing to complain about. The below pics are after two and three days of wears so I don't think I'll need to worry about any loose grains in the CXL. The only regret I do have is that they are not fully lined. I don't know if they would have even been willing to make these lined but I do wish I had asked about it. It hadn't really occurred to me when I was choosing the makeup to be honest. I would have gladly paid an upcharge for at least the heels to be lined. I know some of their other offerings are lined by default though. Anyway, here are some pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know 'Truman Boot Co' fancies itself as more a dog boot company, but my cat sure seems to like them too! Well, the box at least...

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  13. nealp9084

nealp9084 Member

You really lucked out with that Chromexcel! It looks beautiful and I wish I had purchased it as well.

14. J One

J One Senior member

And they finally arrived:
    Natty CXL contrasting tongue color 8 and Danite Logger
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  15. Whirling

Whirling Senior member

16. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

How is this compared to the house hide Truman offered earlier.. Of the two which one did you like better?

17. Whirling

Whirling Senior member

I think this one is more uniform and less distressed. It probably has less pull-up also. I pushed for Vince to use it because I liked it so much. It is rich, thick, durable. It doesn't start with that lived-in look. It is more standard in that way, making for slightly more refined look, IMHO.

18. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Thrilled with the new kids that arrived...great job Vince and co. Left the sole, quarters and stitching color up to Vince on these and I could not be happier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The sole takes a bit getting used to but so comfy...I have rlh sole in another pair of shoes so was not shocked by the feel but the knobby bottom was interestin on first step...sorry I can spoiler or change size when I get to my pc.

Whatever Vince did in lasting is terrific...the tight top arch is gone and I can now wear a medium or lighter weight sock with equal comfort.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    5 people like this.
  19. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Whoa, wild to say the least. Remind me of a Trickers for some reason. I'm sure you'll love that LH sole

20. Whirling

Whirling Senior member

Amazing! Beautiful!