• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Truman Boots

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is against the forum "rules", but if anyone regularly posts pics of their boots on IG, I'd love to check them out. Put up your account names if anyone's down with it.

Search hashtags. #trumanbootco a lot more there than trying to follow a bunch of people

Shalomp

Reaction score
does anyone know what is the total shipping weight of a pair of Truman's inclusive of the tote bag and all other packing material?

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some nice leathers @ truman right now. Contemplating on waiting it out a bit more to see that Green Janus Suede...

OR do I just cave and get either Natty CXL, Teak Mohawk, or Snuff Mohawk. Damn...

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some nice leathers @ truman right now.  Contemplating on waiting it out a bit more to see that Green Janus Suede...  

OR do I just cave and get either Natty CXL, Teak Mohawk, or Snuff Mohawk.  Damn...  

Yes to all....

Quantail

Reaction score
does anyone know what is the total shipping weight of a pair of Truman's inclusive of the tote bag and all other packing material?
The GMTO Olive Chromepack pair I have coming weigh in at 6.00 lbs according to UPS.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Weight does depend some on the sole too. That commando sole is much heavier than Danaite for example.

Quantail

Reaction score
The issue is I'm not quite sure which sole it is.. I ordered the Ripple sole, though there is an outside chance that they'll come with the commando. There is excitement in the mystery.

dekalog

Reaction score

The GMTO Olive Chromepack pair I have coming weigh in at 6.00 lbs according to UPS.

Could you post pics of the olive chromepack when you got the pair? I change to natural Dublin and want to see how dark the olive is.

dekalog

Reaction score

I thought the GMTO was cancelled due to Vince not being happy with the leather he got?

Vince is nice enough to offer alternative leather he had at that moment like natural Dublin (which I've choosen) or you can stick with the original olive or natural chromepak at your own risk

Charlie92

Reaction score
Some nice leathers @ truman right now. Contemplating on waiting it out a bit more to see that Green Janus Suede...

OR do I just cave and get either Natty CXL, Teak Mohawk, or Snuff Mohawk. Damn...
I got my brown waxed flesh with a Green Janus tongue.

Quantail

Reaction score
I thought the GMTO was cancelled due to Vince not being happy with the leather he got?

The Olive was actually good enough quality, the issue was that it's almost black rather than a nice deep olive. The Natural was a mess (inconsistent and blotchy). Having waited >3 months, Vince very kindly offered them at a sample price and I went with it. The leftover money will get tucked away till a new last is announced in the new year.
Could you post pics of the olive chromepack when you got the pair? I change to natural Dublin and want to see how dark the olive is.
The plan is to do so. Having lurked long enough on here and r/GYW, it's the right thing to do.

This is the makeup.

Size 11.5 D (medium)
Olive Chromepak

Tongue can be another leather/color if you think it would look good. Leaving this up to the artisan.
Brass eyelets + speed hooks.
Plain Unstructured toe

Black ripple XL/jumbo sole (Commando if the others are not an option.)
Pulltab

They are scheduled for delivery on Tuesday...

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The Olive was actually good enough quality, the issue was that it's almost black rather than a nice deep olive.  The Natural was a mess (inconsistent and blotchy).  Having waited >3 months, Vince very kindly offered them at a sample price and I went with it.  The leftover money will get tucked away till a new last is announced in the new year.
The plan is to do so.  Having lurked long enough on here and r/GYW, it's the right thing to do.

This is the makeup.

[COLOR=000000][COLOR=500050]Size 11.5 D (medium)[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR=500050][COLOR=000000]Olive Chromepak [/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR=500050]Tongue can be another leather/color if you think it would look good.  Leaving this up to the artisan.

Plain Unstructured  toe[/COLOR]

Pulltab

They are scheduled for delivery on Tuesday...

Will look forward to seeing those!

Quantail

Reaction score
Review:

Sizing is TTS, I'm 11 in clarks, 11 in OSB, 12 in APC, 12 in Grenson, 11.5 in Timberlands. Initially I considered size 11, but figured that they'd be too small. The 11.5 fits well with light/medium socks on. Thick socks were almost uncomfortable.

Materials are great, the soles look awesome but squeak like crazy on wooden floors. The Olive Chromepack has a lovely matt texture which hints as it's green origins but is black to ay casual glance. There is some hinting at build issues at the toe of one boot where the leather is either creased or scored next to the welt. The final picture shows where a corner of the leather is split/frayed. Nothing major from the first once over though.

Communication with Vince was exceptional, the order involved 40 emails and one phone call. He tried to special order mini-ripple soles but it proved too much, requiring a minimum order of 100 per size. The ripples look great. Delivery took a while but that's just the nature of the Christmas season. The GMTO was confirmed 8/27/15 and they arrived today.

The makeup:
Size 11.5 D (medium)
Olive Chromepak
Tongue can be another leather/color if you think it would look good. Leaving this up to the artisan.
Plain Unstructured toe

Pulltab

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads