1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Truman Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by gfloridafan93, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Truman's out with the pooch...she wouldn't smile for the picture
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. Happyd00d

Happyd00d Member

This is week number 10 since I have placed my order(when I first placed my order, the quoted wait was 6-8 weeks), I am getting a little impatience that is. I guess as you said a small MTO addition shouldn't be a problem.

3. houkah

houkah Well-Known Member

I'm at week 12 and still haven't gotten them. Granted they shipped around week 11.5 but with the massive snow storm in the DC area UPS hasn't gotten around to delivering them yet. I was also quoted 6 weeks, so roughly double the quoted time. I feel like they should throw in something to make up for it.... free next day shipping or a small discount on future orders? Dunno. Ordered them the beginning of November to use in snow... get record snow in DC 10 weeks later and no boots.... not ideal.

4. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

The best thing to do is call Vince.
    He will be up front with you when you speak with him.

5. houkah

houkah Well-Known Member

yeah i called and spoke to him. He offered expedited delivery but it wouldn't have mattered since UPS was so backed up anyway. I think it's just a byproduct of their sudden popularity and i'm sure things will get ironed out when they move over to doing pre-made boots with limited MTO. Not a big deal, just wish the timing had worked out better is all. I should be getting them today at least!

6. Happyd00d

Happyd00d Member

Yeah, I guess I will shoot him an email, calling is not very practical for me as I am on a very different time zone(Australia).

7. MarcoDHC

MarcoDHC Active Member

Truman's first stock boot is up on the website. Teak Waxy Mohawk for $500.

8. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Those look very interesting.

9. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

I don't think its built out right online. Still says you can choose the sole and hardware. Yet when you check out there is no options to choose from.

And they won't be shipping same day if they don't have soles on them.

I think more is to come on that item... Leather looks wild!

10. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

11. Happyd00d

Happyd00d Member

I have just received an email reply from Vince, my pair is ready to ship, however my wife's isn't due to the smaller size, as some parts need to order in (I am guessing the dainite logger and the heel?), anyway he said it will be ready to ship next week. I am getting very very excited, don't know if I get to have them by Valentine's though.[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  12. greydarrah

greydarrah Member

I'm curious...a few minutes ago, I ordered a Waxed Java pair from Truman, but I don't really know what "waxed" means. Most of my other boots, I treat with with something like mink oil or a similar leather conditioner. What do you use for this waxed finish to clean/spiff them up from time to time? Is there a special leather wax I need to get?

Thanks

13. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

You should google waxed flesh images. There are a lot of ways folks like to deal with this leather . I just beat mine up let them show the wear

14. gsgleason

gsgleason Senior member

I'm about to pull the trigger on the coyote rough outs now that ordering is back.

I'm going to go with a plain toe, but I'm not sure if I want structured or unstructured.

Does anyone have any worn in versions of these to post?

15. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

That leather is a little too gnarly for me. But the "oiled shoulder" (whatever that is) looks really nice.

1 person likes this.
  16. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

[​IMG]

unstructured toe

2 people like this.
  17. SurakiCrim

SurakiCrim Senior member

Does Vince give you tracking?

18. drewcandraw

drewcandraw Senior member

Debating on whether i should switch to that classic shoulder instead of my natural dublins if Vince didn't start on mine yet...

1 person likes this.
  19. biabia

biabia Active Member

I bought mine about 5 months ago and didn't receive a shipping notification or tracking number. It just arrived at my door one day. I did receive a delivered notification the day I received them. Keep in mind this may not be indicative of recent practices. It was about 5 months ago.

1 person likes this.
  20. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

I have to say, that oiled shoulder looks really nice to me... Never seen either one in person however.