Truman Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by gfloridafan93, Jan 5, 2015.

1. CityofChamps

CityofChamps Well-Known Member

Those look great! I have a pair of the natural roughout too. Did you get a sample pair or special order?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015

2. thomasB

thomasB Well-Known Member

Was there a sample sale in the past?

3. varsityreds0123

varsityreds0123 Senior member

Thanks! I love them.

I was actually the one who got Vince to bring in the Natural Roughout back when he did. These were the first pair he made!

4. ktown

ktown Senior member

Bad lighting, but here are my brown waxed flesh boots! These will be going on their maiden voyage tomorrow with the non-leather laces. I wasn't expecting the contrasting tongue, but I like it. For future reference, what product do I need to re-wax these to achieve the original look? I've read about Huberd's and Obenauf's on reddit, but I'm not even sure if these are wax products, and which would work better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Nice! Enjoy those. Truman sells Huberd's so that might just work as well as anything.

6. gambit402

gambit402 Senior member

Nice @ktown. Mine come in next Tuesday. They would be here Monday but UPS has been changing my delivery dates a lot lately.

7. ktown

ktown Senior member

Same with me. My boots arrived in LA on Saturday 12/5 at the UPS distribution center. So I'm thinking great, they'll be at my house on Monday. Tracking said they would be. Monday comes and goes. Tuesday comes and goes. I had to call customer service and start a claim for these guys to do anything. They finally delivered my boots last night.

My work next week will end up having me on a construction site. I'm hesitant to wear these due to the cost and potential dirt, but I might. These are my first work boots.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015

8. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Contrasting tongue looks great!

9. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

They look great - I have a pair in the pipe line also.

10. gambit402

gambit402 Senior member

I saw wear them. They look better as they get beat up, and if that's not your thing you can apply some wax to it to make it look new again. I used to be of the same mind set though...new boots don't scuff them or dirty them. Now I just think it adds character unless it's something that doesn't look good with dirt stains like a natty CXL roughout.

11. gambit402

gambit402 Senior member

What makeup did you get and how long since you placed order? I'd be interested in your thoughts since you're a Viberg guy as well.

12. drewcandraw

drewcandraw Senior member

Emailed Vince trying to convince him to sell me the natural dublins sample that I saw on IG, but he never mentioned it in his reply email. Is that sample going to one you guys on here?

Sold off my 1000 miles and some other sneakers to make room for a pair of boots. I don't know if I should make the jump to a waxed flesh or wait until January to see what pops up on the page.

13. gambit402

gambit402 Senior member

He has a list of leathers he'll be getting in on his website. I think it's under FAQ? Can't go wrong with waxed flesh IMO.

14. drewcandraw

drewcandraw Senior member

yea i seen the list but not much that interests me from the last update. You can redirect your package to a USPS distribution center if your close by. Since I'm near the SSF hub you can have it stay there and pick it up faster. If there is one close to you.

Post up pics when you get yours gambit

15. gambit402

gambit402 Senior member

Just had it changed to have it dropped off at a UPS store. Hopefully I can pick it up, if not at least it won't be coming at 8pm and sitting out in the dark like a couple of my recent deliveries.

I'll post pics when I get em.