1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Truman Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by gfloridafan93, Jan 5, 2015.

1. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Senior member

Soooo good @bkotsko

2. Shalomp

Shalomp Senior member

has truman changed the way they price their shoes?

their website used to have one single flat price but now they are showing ranges. whats up with that?

3. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I don't think its overly complicated...The logger sole is a $15 upcharge

4. houkah

houkah Well-Known Member

For those of you getting your boots now, how long did it take? Ordered mine about 8 weeks ago, hoping i'll get them soon.

5. Happyd00d

Happyd00d Member

I would like to know too, put my order in 7 weeks ago, haven't heard anything since.

6. gambit402

gambit402 Senior member

I wouldn't worry about how long it takes if it's still around or under he timeframe quoted. I got quoted 8 weeks, but my 8th week came during thanksgiving. 9th week I got an email stating my order has been shipped. A week later the boots arrived. Wear them more than any other boots I own.

7. thomasB

thomasB Well-Known Member

A bunch of folks on the reddit sub thread just received their boots and posted pics yesterday. Might want to ask over there.

reddit.com/r/goodyearwelt/

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  8. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

Mine was 8w + a few days, but with the holidays, I would expect nothing else.

9. ineverknow

ineverknow Member

Ordered a pair 2 months back and sent Vince a few emails for information on a 2nd pair- received an initial response, but despite two follow-up messages I haven't heard from Vince in 3 weeks. Many of you have expressed good customer service experiences with Vince- curious if this sounds similar to your experience?

10. SurakiCrim

SurakiCrim Senior member

I literally contacted him yesterday and he responded in 2 hours.

11. ineverknow

ineverknow Member

Awesome. Almost regretting my initial order at this point

12. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I think he is pretty swamped with emails I have 2 boots in production and another pending and sometimes I get a quick reply and sometimes not...he is the only one answering the emails last I heard and it sounds like he would need to spend more time answering them thN making boots.

Unless the emails are critical to the build don't worry about it. He will get to them.

13. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

So the MTO deadline is in 2 days. I can't decide, and it seems like new leathers are coming up every week.

I'm going to hold off and (hopefully) select something from stock (if there is a stock). Figure I can get them faster this way. But I guess we'll have to see

14. vinceromano

vinceromano Member

Guys,
    Anytime you can't get ahold of me via email please just give a call. Emails pile up rapidly and it can be a daunting task keeping up with it. My number is on the top left corner of the site. I love talking...
    The new site should be up early Feb and it will include lots more content which will reduce emails IMO. Beyond that I've also just brought on another bloke to answer emails. That will help lots as well!

Cheers!
    Vince,

6 people like this.
  15. gsmith

gsmith Member

Has anyone talked to Vince regarding the plan after the 15th? Just curious what changes there will be.

16. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I am hoping that sole choice and all eyelets options will remain an option if even at an upcharge.

17. gsgleason

gsgleason Senior member

Just got my waxy mohawk delivered yesterday. I went with structured cap toe, all eyelets, pull tab, commando sole.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The outline of the box is very similar to the Viberg 1035 last, but with a lower volume on the vamp. They're pretty snug across the top, which I like. It should stretch to fit me well over time.

This is a size 12, which is slightly smaller than Viberg 1035 size 11.5.

I get a bit of toe rub on the side of my big toe. I'm hoping that subsides as the footbed compresses.

The material is beautiful and supple. I highly recommend it.

4 people like this.
  18. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior member

I can't get enough pics of the Waxy Mohawk....love 'em!

19. typical

typical New Member

Long time lurker making first post. Also got the Mohawks in a few days ago. These beauties compelled me to create an account just to show them off. And Vince truly is a stand up guy to deal with, just extremely busy.

Structured toe cap
    Dainite sole
    pull tab
    etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  20. wheen

wheen Active Member

I emailed him a while back about it. It sounded like they were just going to transition to mostly standard makeups. He did say that MTO probably would not be phased out altogether, though, just capped at an arbitrary number per month.