1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Truman Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by gfloridafan93, Jan 5, 2015.

1. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Distinguished Member

I would honestly assume he is just slammed right now. Maybe an overwhelming response for their product now that people have been posting and sharing their thoughts. Word is out.
    Call them tomorrow if you need a fast answer

2. Happyd00d

Happyd00d Member

I am in Australia, so I am not considering calling them unless I really have to,(different time zone and oversea call).

3. MarcoDHC

MarcoDHC Well-Known Member

I can confirm that Vince is extremely busy right now. He received a bunch of orders in late September/early October. A few days ago I inquired about an order I placed on 10/8/15 and was told it would be a few more weeks.

4. gambit402

gambit402 Senior Member

Vince is crazy busy right now which is why he's also looking for help. I don't think he usually does too many emails over the weekend and he's probably got hundreds to go through. Also, he has a gmto through Reddit to fulfill and I think he got his leather shipment really late which through off the timing. I hear he's working some long ass days and nights.

5. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Distinguished Member

Yea he seems swamped for sure...my last boot order I paid and told him delivery whenever was fine. I just wanted to reserve the leather. I am hopeful he will stick with the customization and just lengthen the time for delivery. The downside to him being so busy is not delivery time for me just that it will probably be harder for him to release a new boot pattern.

Not sure if it is possible given how the toe is formed but man a NST boot with stitchdown construction would be just killer.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015

6. gambit402

gambit402 Senior Member

Yea, I placed my order 10/2 and he apologized for taking longer. I told him no biggie. An NST stitch down would be killer tho!

7. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior Member

Your more patient than me :plain:

8. Happyd00d

Happyd00d Member

Got a reply from Vince regarding sizing yesterday, placed an order today for both me and my wife, both are Smooth Waxy Mohawk in snuff with dainite, speed hooks, structured captoe, pull tab, antique brass. First time going speed hook and pull tab, can't wait.[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015

9. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

Nice choices. I thought he'd really want to sell you some boots in the long run. ;) Hope they work out well for you.

10. Happyd00d

Happyd00d Member

Thanks mate, I thought I'd go with the original setting just to be safe, I am not the most creative kind of person.[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015

11. curieux88

curieux88 Member

I finally made my decision and order a pair of smooth mohawk with black CXL tongues! It's my very first fancy boots :D I think I made a good call on using black leather to give more spice.

12. varsityreds0123

varsityreds0123 Senior Member

Darkened Natural Roughouts with a collapsing, unstructured toe box. These have broken in very well.

[​IMG]

13. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Distinguished Member

Sweet. I think I'm going for an unstructured toe also. Just waiting for this leather list to go live. There is some good stuff on it.

14. linafelt

linafelt Distinguished Member

Love to see a side pic of these if you get the chance..

15. Matthew Cruz

Matthew Cruz Senior Member

What turnaround times are people seeing now? Is it really 6-8 weeks? I better order my next pair if I want to see them before the summer.