Truman Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by gfloridafan93, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Happyd00d

Happyd00d Member

Thanks, I was checking my email regularly, I sent my first request last week and the 2nd one 2 days ago, no replies from Truman so far.

2. gambit402

gambit402 Senior member

His online contact form doesn't always work. I'll send you a PM with his email. As for sizing I think 90% of people go with their true brannock sizing. That's what I did and my boots should be here in a week or so. If you don't know your brannock size go get it checked out.

3. AndyC

AndyC Senior member

Commence non-buyers remorse for not being on this GMTO. I was in the middle of a few other acquisitions at the time, and didn't think I "needed" these. Boy was I wrong! Great looking boot. Hopefully Vince stocks that leather so I can jump on.

4. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

5. dekalog

dekalog Senior member

Just got my madone. there are some marks on the leather edge. How to remove them?

[​IMG]

6. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Try rubbing with your finger...they are pattern marks and should come off fairly easy...even a good brushing may do it

7. meso

meso Senior member

Just looks like normal stacked leather. The patterning will fade and the leather color darken as you wear them. If you want a more even appearance and don't mind accelerating the darkening you could use a bit of boot oil or neutral shoe cream.

8. jayveeay

jayveeay Member

i've been looking for a black boot and hoping to branch out from Red Wing. The waxed black flesh look great

9. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I'm considering getting a pair of the Smooth Waxy Mohawk in Snuff. However I'm trying to decide whether I should request a gusseted tongue or not. Anyone have any thoughts on this. The one thing I don't want to end up with is the tongue that travels like the one on my Indys.

10. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I have a non gusset tongue and it is fine...that being said I would have preferred it and vince from what I gather is now doing gusset standard.

I have a roughout tongue with leather laces so that may be holding it also

11. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Quote:Thank you sir.

I noticed one of the boots on their website had it in the description and at least one had mentioned they would have preferred it. I'm just looking for input at this point. I do wish I could find someone who had purchased this leather to get a better idea as to what I might be getting as well.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015

12. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

No tongue travel on my non-gusseted pair. And I do have that problem with other boots. Believe the gusset is standard. Most people were ordering it that way so Vince decided to go with it as the default.

13. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Thanks Frank, and I did email Vince to see what he had to say with regards to a gusseted tongue on these boots.

I really like how these boots look, I do wish I could find someone who already has these specific boots however. I'd like to get their thoughts on the waxy Mohawk leather.

14. Happyd00d

Happyd00d Member

So after a weekend I am still waiting for a reply from Truman regarding my sizing. Does it normally take this long to get a reply from them? I am very keen to get a couple of pairs for me and my wife, but I am not getting anywhere with my emails. I have tried the 'contact us' function on their website, and have sent a couple of emails directly to their email address.

15. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior member

I'm sure they'll say it's because they're busy crafting boots. Even more frustrating is being in Week #8 C'mon Man

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015