Truman Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by gfloridafan93, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Shalomp

Shalomp Senior member

anyone able to do photos of a side by side shot of brown and java waxed flesh? really interested to know how much darker java is against brown :)

2. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

I'm really close to pulling the trigger on my first pair from Truman. I believe some were asking about the different soles a few pages back. Here's a good article comparing a few of them: http://leathershoereview.com/comparing-shoe-sole-options/. I'm having a difficult time deciding between the standard dainite, the commando or dainite logger.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015

3. drewcandraw

drewcandraw Senior member

Thanks for that link as I was trying to figure what I want. I live in bay area and just want something for when our rain comes and for walking on pavement.

4. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

I don't think you could go wrong with any of the three that I listed. I'm in the same boat living in the south. We very rarely get any snow accumulation, so it's mainly just wet, nasty rain and perhaps some ice from time to time. I'm leaning towards the commando or the regular dainite like what's on my Viberg boots (very comfortable). I'm leaning towards brown waxed flesh, cap toe unstructured, commando, pull tab and antique brass eyelets (can't decide on speed hooks - leaning no).

5. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

6. gambit402

gambit402 Senior member

I live in the Bay Area too but travel to Tahoe quite a bit. It was between Dainite logger and commando. Vince told me that the commando is proven in wet and snowy conditions. He's wearing the lmdainite logger now but the weather has been good so he hasn't had a chance to test it in poor weather. I'm going with what's tried and proven. Plus I like the profile of the commando a bit better in the forefoot when standing as the article states.

Also, since Java is darker when the suede starts to come through I'm leaning towards brown WF as I really like the contrast when the wax starts to come off.

7. CityofChamps

CityofChamps Well-Known Member

Gentlemen, just wanted to chime in about my Truman's. My makeup is natural roughout, unstructured toe, commando sole, cap toe, no pull tab, and speed hooks.
    I've had mine about 2 1/2 months, and like the commando sole so much I might get my White's resoled with it. Imo, the speed hooks are the way to go for ease of on/off. I have non gusseted tongue and have no problem with it twisting.

Here's some instagram pics. White's farmer/ranchers and Truman, then a shot showing the contrast tongue (#8 cxl).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If you click on the pics, they are not blurry.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015

8. Jorge

Jorge Senior member

I like the contrast tongue, good choice.

9. CityofChamps

CityofChamps Well-Known Member

Thanks @Jorge Vince is pretty lenient with the customisations. Last contact I had with him he said he had 200 orders to fill, so I guess it's catching on that he's a good guy that makes a great boot.

10. gambit402

gambit402 Senior member

Just put my order in for brown waxed flesh, commando sole, cap toe, structured, 7 antique brass eyelets, and black waxed flesh gusseted tongue.

11. sask boot

sask boot Senior member

If anyone has a size 7.5 or 8 could you post up the outsole measurements please. I am between sizes and the truman last looks to be on the generous size. Any help appreciated.

12. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

I can affirm that it is on the generous side

13. gambit402

gambit402 Senior member

Just to confirm, yet again, are most of you guys sizing down or going true to brannock sizing.

14. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I went true to Brannok...I am a 13E and the Truman 13 fits terrific with a medium sock like Wigwam Unison. I wear 12 in Barrie/trubalance(indy) and 12 in Viberg 2030 and 2045 and 13E in Allen Edmonds 511 last and 12E or 12eee in Allen Edmonds 65 last.

The Truman is a generous last width wise for a "D" however sizing down to a 12 would have been too short though i think the width would have been fine if I had guess.

15. gambit402

gambit402 Senior member

Ok...I'm an 11D on brannock and ordered an 11 so I should be good. Thanks.