1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Truman Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by gfloridafan93, Jan 5, 2015.

1. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior Member

Haha best game there was back in 2007 vs Louisville!

2. drewcandraw

drewcandraw Senior Member

Anyone who measures a 9.5D/E brannock device can tell me what size they went with?My sneakers are usually size 9.5 to 10 and running shoes are usually a 10 2E.

I have wolverine 1000 miles in a 9.5D which I should have returned as I thought they could fit. Should have gotten a wide.
    Also, have timberland boot company blake winter 2012 in a 9.5 that fits better width wise.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015

3. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Distinguished Member

I brannok 13e, new balance 13ee, new balance made in USA 12.5ee, Wolverine 1000 Krause(by AE) 12, Alden Trubalance and Barrie 12,

Truman I went with 13 and they fit perfect

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015

4. drewcandraw

drewcandraw Senior Member

Thanks for the comment, I guess I can shoot Vince an email and see what he says as well. Was thinking on going 9.5 more than a 9 just for the length and extra width.

5. Kahuna75

Check with him - he always says go branok sizing but def worth checking with him.

6. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

I'm 11D Brannock, generally an 11.5 in sneakers, 11D in Wolverine 1000 Mile, 11D Alden Barrie. Took 11.5 in Truman. 11 was too tight.

7. gambit402

gambit402 Senior Member

Anyone have a direct email for trumanboots? I've sent correspondence through their website and through Instagram and haven't heard back.
    Maybe someone here could help?

What would be the best leather option from them for rainy/snowy conditions. Waxed leather?

8. FrankCowperwood

Pm'd you. For water resistance yes I'd say waxed flesh. Also CXL. And there was a photo at one point of Vince pouring water on a suede I think. Maybe it was that coyote rough out.

9. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior Member

Frankc. Yes that was the coyote but I agree with you the cxl and wax flesh would be good as well

10. gambit402

gambit402 Senior Member

Thanks guys. I've got a couple of CXL boots so waxed flesh with a Dainite logger sole would be a welcome addition.

11. FrankCowperwood

Maybe consider the commando sole for rain/snow. It's got a deep tread and gives you a full length rubber sole. Pretty comfortable too.

I think Vince is pitching the Madone as an alternative to CXL too. But I think waxed flesh is an awesome choice. I love mine.

12. gambit402

gambit402 Senior Member

The waxed flesh is awesome. You can essentially get two looks out of it depending if you keep up with the waxing. Isn't the Dainite logger similar to the commando? I just read that the main differences are the Dainite loggers are lighter and may be a bit more durable but take longer to break in.

13. FrankCowperwood

I think the logger soles are like the Alden commando sole, meaning the fore foot sole and heel are two separate pieces with leather in between.
    [​IMG]

The Truman commando sole is a full rubber sole and I think the tread is heavier.

14. Kahuna75

Yes logger is like alden as pictured but about 3 times as deep on the lug depth.

15. gambit402

gambit402 Senior Member

I'll go with whatever Vince says is best for snow. Thanks fellas.