• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Truman Boots

LeviMay

Reaction score
I wonder if they’re building them a bit smaller. They advised me to go with my Iron Ranger size for their 79 Last, and they fit okay, but I definitely could have gone up half a size.

H. E. Pennypacker

Reaction score
I wonder if they’re building them a bit smaller. They advised me to go with my Iron Ranger size for their 79 Last, and they fit okay, but I definitely could have gone up half a size.
I never wore iron rangers before, but this past week I received a pair of stitchdown coach ramblers in dainite in my usual size and the fit was the same.

mjunderw00d

Reaction score
they advised the same as my IR size as well (9.5EE) but after trying on at a local shop, the 10 was about the same fit as my 9.5 IR's. So yeah, they were off on their sizing recommendation. But the 10EE's that I received are noticeably shorter than the 10's I tried on in store. Truman didn't offer any suggestions or fixes since I ordered them through a stockist. Less than ideal scenario. Beautiful boots though, for whoever ends up with them.

LeviMay

Reaction score
That’s too bad, man. Between CAD exchange and shipping, I’m married to these ones. They’re do-able, and I’m still hoping they’ll break in a touch more, but still a bit frustrating.

WestLinn

Reaction score
On my last drive out of Oregon (which is sad because I really liked living there and after moving I still went back there frequently, but no longer) I stopped in Eugene and drove by Truman. I must say, it was pretty underwhelming. However, people don't buy the boots for how the company HQ and factory look. I did think that it would be a bit more presentable however.

LeviMay

Reaction score
I tried putting the grailed link, but it keeps changing to a broken ebay link. Weird.

PM me if anyone’s interested.

WestLinn

Reaction score
I tried putting the grailed link, but it keeps changing to a broken ebay link. Weird.

PM me if anyone’s interested.
Such a nice looking boot. I live at 8700 feet in the Colorado Rockies and need rugged boots (I chainsaw wood a lot in the evenings after work and even though I do desk work in my house, I end up mucking around a lot in mud, snow and dirt). But as I age, my feet seem to grow and I need 11's at least. I need lug soles, but they necessitate that I have a brush scraper outside the door before I go inside, lest I track in a load of mud and snow.

LeviMay

Reaction score
Such a nice looking boot. I live at 8700 feet in the Colorado Rockies and need rugged boots (I chainsaw wood a lot in the evenings after work and even though I do desk work in my house, I end up mucking around a lot in mud, snow and dirt). But as I age, my feet seem to grow and I need 11's at least. I need lug soles, but they necessitate that I have a brush scraper outside the door before I go inside, lest I track in a load of mud and snow.
If you’re an 11 Brannock, these would fit great.

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey y’all, really wanting a pair of Truman 79 Last in either Black Oil Tanned Roughout, steel Predator, Cattail Grizzly, or Stone Rambler. I personally think the last is the best out there atm. I’m a 10D Brannock, is going down .5 good with that last?

also, what’s the typical turnaround time? Only thing that’s stopped me is the waiting 😔

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

• Red

• Gold

• All of the Above

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.