• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Truman Boots

LeviMay

Reaction score
Anyone getting in on the Java Waxed Flesh pre-order? Does Truman collect the entire amount up front?

Glass shoot

Reaction score
Also anyone have thoughts/experience on their return/exchange policy? I saw that it's 7day returnable but for their java waxed preorder they state will only qualify for an exchange (and not a refund?) So in theory would one be able to exchange for another same boot if one finds defects? I ask because many buyers seem to report inconsistent stitching / quality. Ideally, i'd like still like to be able to return it for a refund if i get a lemon.

SnakeDoctor

Reaction score
Also anyone have thoughts/experience on their return/exchange policy? I saw that it's 7day returnable but for their java waxed preorder they state will only qualify for an exchange (and not a refund?) So in theory would one be able to exchange for another same boot if one finds defects? I ask because many buyers seem to report inconsistent stitching / quality. Ideally, i'd like still like to be able to return it for a refund if i get a lemon.
I'd describe my experience with their customer service as a) way too frequent, including multiple communications for each of all three pairs of Trumans I own and b) generally semi-responsive but definitely sub-par in terms of actually providing a meaningful answer to any question I asked. My second pair had a pretty obvious workmanship defect that they claimed wouldn't affect the durability of the boot but offered to replace it provided I paid for return shipping. I was not amused given that the flaw (basically a gash cut into the vamp right at the welt where the stitch-down bit starts) would never pass QC inspection for any other brand at that price point, but I sucked it up and they sent me a new pair really quickly. YMMV.

5KFootwear

Reaction score
Anyone have width noted, or not noted, on their Truman Boots of Non-Standard Width?
https://imgur.com/r/malefashionadvice/wvj6G
Found photos of Truman size tags marked 11B dating back to June 30 2017. These Truman Graphite Horse Rump boots are the same make-up as my previous pair. It would appear the width of Truman's last has changed significantly in the toe box since then. Perhaps worth noting as in my experience the old fit was comfortable but now I would need wide. I specifically noted that my previous pair of Truman's, in the Graphite Horse Rump, is an ideal fit when ordering my latest pair recently.

I really wish the company well because the product is great and so is the pricing. However, there needs to be an improvement in consistency or communication, or both.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.