1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Truman Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by gfloridafan93, Jan 5, 2015.

1. LeviMay

LeviMay Senior Member

Anyone getting in on the Java Waxed Flesh pre-order? Does Truman collect the entire amount up front?

2. smartbrother

smartbrother Senior Member

I wanted to, but disappointed that half-sole isn’t an option.

3. Glass shoot

Glass shoot Well-Known Member

you have to checkout after saving to cart and the payment amount is the full amount

4. Glass shoot

Glass shoot Well-Known Member

Also anyone have thoughts/experience on their return/exchange policy? I saw that it's 7day returnable but for their java waxed preorder they state will only qualify for an exchange (and not a refund?) So in theory would one be able to exchange for another same boot if one finds defects? I ask because many buyers seem to report inconsistent stitching / quality. Ideally, i'd like still like to be able to return it for a refund if i get a lemon.

5. SnakeDoctor

SnakeDoctor Well-Known Member

I'd describe my experience with their customer service as a) way too frequent, including multiple communications for each of all three pairs of Trumans I own and b) generally semi-responsive but definitely sub-par in terms of actually providing a meaningful answer to any question I asked. My second pair had a pretty obvious workmanship defect that they claimed wouldn't affect the durability of the boot but offered to replace it provided I paid for return shipping. I was not amused given that the flaw (basically a gash cut into the vamp right at the welt where the stitch-down bit starts) would never pass QC inspection for any other brand at that price point, but I sucked it up and they sent me a new pair really quickly. YMMV.

6. biglmbass

biglmbass Senior Member

Poor pic, but great chukkas. I think they did a fine job on these. Prairie rambler leather. Starting to warm up here, I see these getting a lot of wear. chukka.JPG