1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Truman Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by gfloridafan93, Jan 5, 2015.

1. cxzizou

cxzizou Member

Probably you are right. I have a pair with structured toe of size 7.5, it is way larger than my other pairs such as Viberg 7 and Carmina Oscar 6.5. Then I give up on Truman after the first try.

2. fabes

fabes Member

Similar experience here. Went TTS on structured cap toe and definitely could have gone down a half size. Fit is a bit large and this is after trying on a few sizes at Canoe Club and feeling confident in sizing before ordering from Truman direct.

My biggest beef is that the insert they use is incredibly slippery and most of my slipping is due to the slick insert.

3. aerosurferlv

aerosurferlv Well-Known Member

Yes the structured toe adds a TON of volume to the toe box with Trumans. Moving forward I'll only consider unstructured toe size 9

4. aerosurferlv

aerosurferlv Well-Known Member

that's good to know, I too had bad experiences with their newer inserts. they were contorting uncomfortably inside the boot, slipping and sliding everywhere. I had to use shoe goo to glue it down so it would stop giving me blisters and shifting all over the place :-D

5. Mrfuzon

Mrfuzon Senior Member

Honestly though for the 100-200$ diff from Truman to viberg, its an easy choice.

Truman is a gamble with massive lead times as well.

In the past 8 months. They discontinued their MTO, then they brought it back in store. Then they introduced mto chuckkas and derbys online. So is it discontinued or?

The announced no more unstructured toes, continues to make them unstructured in various make ups.

Modified the last to provide higher instep, told no one. They removed the leather sock liners to the cheap cork ones told no one.

2 online sample sales ago, it was suppose to be the last online one, then they hosted another one.

Its really hard to take what they say at face value, then they'll make changes(not always beneficial) without notifying the customer base.

6. Shalomp

Shalomp Senior Member

hi Mrfuzon

what are sock liners? do u have photos of both the leather and the cheap cork ones please?

7. Jmccle2

Jmccle2 Senior Member

MAN this place has been quiet!

Truman whiskey shell cordovan for today.

4EC1393B-8AAE-44CC-8BBA-39B76F36751C.jpeg

8. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior Member

9. budapest12

budapest12 Distinguished Member

10. Corso

Corso Senior Member

Gorgeous color

11. Corso

Corso Senior Member

I didn't know this brand, thanks, these boots look better than similar brands like redwing etc.

12. Shalomp

Shalomp Senior Member

anyone has the truman chukkas?

13. Shalomp

Shalomp Senior Member

14. stylish_raven

stylish_raven Senior Member

15. longhuntr74

longhuntr74 Active Member

I'm considering replacing my cork footbeds with a piece of slightly thicker veg-tan leather instead...the cork ones squeak horribly in my boots.