1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Truman Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by gfloridafan93, Jan 5, 2015.

1. TheRiblet

TheRiblet Well-Known Member

There must be a lot of people ordering the wrong size boots because I have an alert set up on Ebay and if your foot is a common width, then you can find the majority of what Truman makes for half the price, that have pretty much just been tried on for size.

2. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Distinguished Member

Do you ahve smaller or larger feet? I check from time to time but the more popular sizes are few and far between in my experience. Most of the time they are barely discounted and may have a potential QC issue visible in the photos

3. Mrfuzon

Mrfuzon Senior Member

like sz 10 for example both are clean... Id agree with sizing and QC being the reason they are on there. They are TTS however they arent E width boots... many people my self included thought Truman was a viberg alternative.. its been far from the case

4. TheRiblet

I was cursed with a really narrow foot, so hardly any of them fit me either but if I could wear a standard width shoe then I would have plenty to choose from.

5. liquidjelly

liquidjelly Senior Member

Don't they offer a B width?

6. rickmb

rickmb Active Member

They offer EE width, which works fine for me (generally E width, high instep where Truman has a notoriously low instep), perfect even if a add an insole.

7. TheRiblet

Truman does make B widths and I have a few pairs but I was talking about being able to buy the ones off of EBay that people have bought in the wrong sizes. If I had a D width foot then I could have plenty of their boots for half the price.

8. liquidjelly

liquidjelly Senior Member

Ahhhhhh.

9. Shalomp

Shalomp Senior Member

this thread has been quiet of late...

anyone has the scuff offs? would love to see some photos of them :)

10. smartbrother

smartbrother Senior Member

11. motojobobo

motojobobo Well-Known Member

Yesterday I picked up a pair of Truman boots in aubergine horse rump at Mild Blend in Chicago. Loved the fit and the color. No idea how it will look with use. The italian leather feels very similar to Chromexcel: supple, pliable, with significant pullup. Had no trouble walking with them all day today around the city.

IMG_6478.JPG

IMG_6507.JPG

IMG_6513.JPG

12. Mrfuzon

Mrfuzon Senior Member

For a 9.5E Brannock, would you guys suggest at EE from Truman?

13. M635Guy

M635Guy Distinguished Member

I don't think they run narrow. Are they not offering an "E"

14. budapest12

budapest12 Distinguished Member

I think the sneakers look fantastic. Only thing that keeps me from ordering a pair now is that I want to see what else they post up in the next week.

15. aerosurferlv

aerosurferlv Well-Known Member

I've had a tough time with Truman's and sizing over the years but I think I figured out sizing. I now own 6 pairs and what I've found works best for me is: go TTS for the UNSTRUCTURED toe and go down 1/2 size for the STRUCTURED toe. I did a youtube video where I talk about this:

I have three pairs on the unstructured toe all TTS in size 9 and they fit amazing.

I have three pairs on the structured toe (which have caused me some grief): 8.5 in black CXL (fit just right), 8.5 in java waxed flesh (kinda snug, fits closer to an 8), and 9 in gaucho moose hide (big, fits closer to a 9.5). My first order ever of Trumans were a size 9 in black CXL with a structured toe and they were laughably large compared to my Alden indys in 8.5. Vince was surprised to hear they fit big, but he gladly remade them in a size 8.5, which fit perfectly. Later, I ordered a pair of java waxed flesh in 8.5 but they fit more snug and look smaller than my black pair. I ended up using a rubbing alcohol solution to stretch them some and now they fit pretty good. Because of this particular pair fitting smaller I decided moving forward I would order all size 9's, which worked out very well for the unstructured toe boots, however my most recent pair on the structured toe were the gaucho moose hide boots, and they fit VERY generously. I went and got some thicker inserts to throw in there, and they fit better but not I'm not 100% happy with them. If they weren't so rare I'd sell them and reorder them in a size 8.5.

I love my Truman boots and am happy to support the company. I have had a few hiccups along the way, but most of my experiences have been positive and I will continue to be a loyal customer to Truman