• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Truman Boots

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
also like the gusseted tongue but have had no problem with the tongue position on my current pair. Looking super sharp @tdes81!

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@tes81 Nice! Gussetted tongue huh? Special request?

Yup! It looks like Vince is doing them a lot more now due to a lot of requests too. The tongue is in a 3oz tumbled black CXL. Definitely love the gusseted tongue as I've had issues with my high instep throwing tongues off in the past (had to sell two pairs of Meermin boots because of it).

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@tdes81 they look fantastic - can not wait for my boots to come in. itching to order another pair but want to hold off until first boot arrives - How did you size TTS?

I actually have one more coming along. Someone over on the goodyearwelt reddit set up a GMTO for boots in whiskey cavalier bison. Cannot wait to see what that's going to come out looking like. Vince was nice enough to hold off on cutting mine until I could put these on and see about sizing. Such a good guy.

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, the waxed flesh is great. I can't wait to see how it breaks in.  The denim was a new pair of Gustin Loomstates. Haven't had much chance to wear them, so they're pretty much fresh out of their first soak.
Great combo! I actually asked about the jeans b/c I haven't come across a pair that can match my loomstates in awesome texture and those looked so nice. I guess the search continues lol

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Great combo! I actually asked about the jeans b/c I haven't come across a pair that can match my loomstates in awesome texture and those looked so nice. I guess the search continues lol

3Sixteen Kibatas have a textured very similar to the Gustin loomstates I have. That might be something for you.

Vickt

Reaction score

Quick snap. Want to take more pictures later but had to share as I love these boots. Coyote rough out, black waxed flesh tongue and heel tab, hack ripple soles.

Got them on Monday, took them Wednesday as my only footwear on a trip from Prague to Amsterdam. Pretty big risk, but these required no break in and are my most comfortable footwear including sneakers. No clue how but it's true.

Vince has the best customer service ever. Soles were a pain to source and apparently discontinued but he somehow got a pair in my size, then shipped out in time for my trip.

zola

Reaction score

Quick snap. Want to take more pictures later but had to share as I love these boots. Coyote rough out, black waxed flesh tongue and heel tab, hack ripple soles.

Got them on Monday, took them Wednesday as my only footwear on a trip from Prague to Amsterdam. Pretty big risk, but these required no break in and are my most comfortable footwear including sneakers. No clue how but it's true.

Vince has the best customer service ever. Soles were a pain to source and apparently discontinued but he somehow got a pair in my size, then shipped out in time for my trip.

How's the walking on that ripple sole? Do a lot of small stones get caught in there? Do they have different lasts to choose from?

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What those guys said... We're going to need to see a lot more photos of those.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Coyote r/o unstructured toe.So comfortable I'm wearing them without socks

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Vince and Truman are just awesome. And those are gorgeous boots. I love the black sole/laces combo. Wear them in health!

Koreo

Reaction score

Not going to lie, I was really skeptical about the customizations for yours but they turned out badass. We just upgraded the insoles before I left (you have the newer ones I believe), and I definitely will ditto their comfortableness. I own one with the older pattern and my new one has the new insole. Enjoy your boots!

Shalomp

Reaction score
would anyone be kind enough to educate me on structured, unstructured and partially structured toe? i already done some googling and pretty much understand the broad strokes. now im just hoping to get opinions on what works best on a java waxed flesh cap toe?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads