• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Truman Boots

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Real anxious to see the derbies in Blake roll out. Those waxed chestnuts would be nuts

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Real anxious to see the derbies in Blake roll out. Those waxed chestnuts would be nuts

Agreed. Just placed my first order with Truman, finally -- the natural waxed flesh sold me. I wish they would reveal what is in the works with their Chelsea boot model though.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waiting for the right leather to peak my interest for a chukka...I have got a Viberg but know way I can not have a Truman too...then of course there is the upcoming Chelsea...

Matthew Cruz

Reaction score
I hope they adjust the heel counter on their chelsea prototype. It looks like that heel cup would let your foot slip right out. It would also be a lot cleaner without that seam right under the elastic band.

biglmbass

Reaction score
I don't like the seam either. It was mentioned in the comments that it was pulled off the last wet and therefore the heel wasn't fully shaped & final formed.

Jason Kadushin

Reaction score
Hi there - about to pull trigger on first pair of Truman's. Looking for opinions on these 4 leathers below. I love the Java WF but color is pretty similiar to the Tobacco Chamois from Alden that I feel like they won't get worn much - so am thinking about slightly lighter color. Also am 12C in TB on alden (TTS 12.5C) if anyone has narrow feet - how is their narrow B last? (i would do 13B)

Coach Rambler
Natural RO
Coyote RO
Natural WF

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are narrow reviews but they are pages back and this new format is hrd to find anything I find.
It's not easy to make a whole cut Chelsea. And I think that seam shows worse in the black wf then it would on the other leathers.

Still prefer Vibergs version, but I'm sure like everything it will evolve. Also the stichdown option is nice and will bring some differentiation to Berg. These would look great in the iceberg kudu. Or that snuff rocky roughout.

Overall I like it.

Still waiting for the Blake derbys! Would love some sort of RO pair.

biglmbass

Reaction score
Hi there - about to pull trigger on first pair of Truman's...
Coach Rambler
Natural RO
Coyote RO
Natural WF

I think the Coach Rambler to be a nice color and being a medium brown will be very versatile. The Rambler leather has texture enough to be interesting with it being a flesh out leather. (I have a Stone colored pair)

The Coyote is really nice too and I wear mine a fair amount, but be aware they have a very slight green tint to them. Had I known that when I got mine I might have opted for natural CXL rough out instead. Regardless, the coyote leather has a short suede like nap and is waterproof.

Unless they've told you different, I believe they're out of stock on all of the options you mention but the Coach.

Jmccle2

Reaction score
Hi there - about to pull trigger on first pair of Truman's. Looking for opinions on these 4 leathers below. I love the Java WF but color is pretty similiar to the Tobacco Chamois from Alden that I feel like they won't get worn much - so am thinking about slightly lighter color. Also am 12C in TB on alden (TTS 12.5C) if anyone has narrow feet - how is their narrow B last? (i would do 13B)

Coach Rambler
Natural RO
Coyote RO
Natural WF
I'm a 10.5 Brannock/10C on Trubalance. Trumans last in my experience is very true to size. I wear their standard D width in size 10.5. By far the best fitting last for my feet.

The instep is on the lower side which is great for my low volume feet.

satch69

Reaction score

Coach Rambler
Natural RO
Coyote RO
Natural WF

I'm a true 11B (Brannock), 10.5C on Barrie fits great, and I ordered the graphite horse rump in 11B, estimated delivery date coming up soon, i.e. next 1-2 weeks! I will keep you posted.

satch69

Reaction score
For anyone who's recently received their Trumans, what was your turnaround time? I'm at week 10 for my graphite horse rump, and starting to get antsy (my confirmation email indicated 10 weeks).

JDLaman

Reaction score
For anyone who's recently received their Trumans, what was your turnaround time? I'm at week 10 for my graphite horse rump, and starting to get antsy (my confirmation email indicated 10 weeks).

16 weeks and still waiting for my graphite horse rump.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads