• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

True Romance

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just watched it for the first time in a long time. Talk about an ensemble cast... I had no recollection that Brad Pitt, Samuel L. Jackson, Gary Oldman, James Gandolphini, and Val Kilmer were in it, and that it was written by Quentin Tarantino. The scene with Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper is of course classic though. And Patricia Arquette was just the cutest thing in it.
inlove.gif

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wrong forum, but yeah good movie.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
A very underrated movie. I watched it again a week ago or so and it was just as awesome as ever, except I got to introduce it to someone who had never seen it. One of my favorites.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Last time I watched it, I introduced it to the ex.

She said "it was weird, but ok" or something like that.
Same thing she said about a lot of the movies I love.

True Romance is still probably one of my top three favorite movies. Right up there with Blade Runner and Robocop.

I need to find a girl who really appreciates my movie collection.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
A girl who loves Robocop is a definite keeper. Keep looking buddy, she's out there.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
See, the best part is - even if no girl ever wants to watch three kung fu movies in a row with me on my birthday - I'll always enjoy the movies.

But enough about me, how about you?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
They're all out doing whatever. All I know is my damn arm won't fall asleep tonight.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is probably one of my favorite Tarantino films. It's interesting to see a movie he'd only written, not directed.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haven't seen this for years, but if I recall correctly it was pretty good but did not strike me as incredible or even very good.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I felt the same way at first. It may be one of those movies that grows on you after repeated viewings. Some days the theme song will get stuck in my head for hours.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
great movie, I had forgotten val kilmer

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
I felt the same way at first. It may be one of those movies that grows on you after repeated viewings. Some days the theme song will get stuck in my head for hours.
I listen to it all the time, its on my online playlist.
smile.gif
It's called "You're So Cool" By noted movie composer and ex-Buggle Hans Zimmer. It's a direct homage to the composition "Gassenhauer", which was composed by Carl Orff of Carmina Burana fame. Gassenhauer is the main theme of Terence Malik's movie Badlands, which Tarantino's True Romance was influenced by greatly.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I listen to it all the time, its on my online playlist.
smile.gif
It's called "You're So Cool" By noted movie composer and ex-Buggle Hans Zimmer. It's a direct homage to the composition "Gassenhauer", which was composed by Carl Orff of Carmina Burana fame. Gassenhauer is the main theme of Terence Malik's movie Badlands, which Tarantino's True Romance was influenced by greatly.

At 2:57 in the Buggles video, Hans Zimmer can be seen playing a keyboard, though he didn't actually play the keyboard on the recorded version of this song. Just so you all know.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads