• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

True Grit is Pretty Awesome

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want to watch this and Tron: Legacy.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
I want to watch this and Tron: Legacy.

+1

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ My goodness. What have you become, sock? Look at that avatar. Look at that signature. Let's not even bring up your adoration of America. Considering you're from Texas, I should have understood but I digress. I saw potential in you. I'm the Jay-Z to your Wale and I'm ashamed.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
True grit looks real good. Jeff bridges is a really underrated actor and he is perfect for this role. Josh Brolin naturally looks like an a-hole, so he is good for his role also.

Why anyone is going to see that freshj steaming pile of turd Tron, is beyond me.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Why anyone is going to see that freshj steaming pile of turd Tron, is beyond me.
You don't like Olivia Wilde in tight shit?

Mark from Plano

Lifestyle change - no homo
Reaction score
True grit looks real good. Jeff bridges is a really underrated actor and he is perfect for this role. Josh Brolin naturally looks like an a-hole, so he is good for his role also.

This.

While the original True Grit was pretty good, I am anticipating this one to actually outdo the original. John Wayne and Kim Darby were were great in the original. Glen Campbell was laughably terrible. I remember seeing the original in the theaters when I was a kid and even then I recognized how truly awful he was.

Anyway, I may well go see this one the day it comes out. I can't imagine another current actor other than Jeff Bridges taking on the Rooster Cogburn role and I think Matt Damon will be great in the Glen Campbell role. Should be great.

The previews I've seen for Tron look just terrible.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ The thing is I already asked my parents to take me when I visit them next weeked. Will report back.

Mark from Plano

Lifestyle change - no homo
Reaction score
they had moving pictures back then

Ha. Funny. That was an age joke right? In my senility I sometimes have difficulty discerning humor.

Actually I think they were introduced the year before I was born or something.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
You bastard, how did you get to see this already?

Advance screening

Seriously, its a really good movie.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
This.

While the original True Grit was pretty good, I am anticipating this one to actually outdo the original. John Wayne and Kim Darby were were great in the original. Glen Campbell was laughably terrible. I remember seeing the original in the theaters when I was a kid and even then I recognized how truly awful he was.

Anyway, I may well go see this one the day it comes out. I can't imagine another current actor other than Jeff Bridges taking on the Rooster Cogburn role and I think Matt Damon will be great in the Glen Campbell role. Should be great.

The previews I've seen for Tron look just terrible.

Damon was really funny.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Also rent Seabiscuit if you want more Bridges acting quality and a great story.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.