• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

True Detective Season 2

Stugotes

Reaction score
I liked the season and the finale.

Having said that, I feel like it was too extreme to have them all killed. It's to be expected now that everyone dies at the end of a show.

Oh, Antigone's kid was from Ray, right?

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I liked the season and the finale.

Having said that, I feel like it was too extreme to have them all killed. It's to be expected now that everyone dies at the end of a show.

Oh, Antigone's kid was from Ray, right?

Yep, the dude has strong swimmers, if not particularly strong genetics.

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The failed VM was really twisting the knife. I like he got two head shots on the spec ops guys w the Browning Hi-Power b/f getting riddled. The shoulda given time one more w the shottie b/f he bought it.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought the woods scene was pretty good, the way he got those two from behind the trees was unnerving in how realistic it felt. They made him out to be a good gunman and I felt that was well done in that specific scene.

The cabin thing was a little much.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They were in an SUV. He should have just driven around until they ran out of gas.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
His car had a Hemi v8, not exactly a Prius. Allso iirc those Tahoe/Suburbans have ridiculously large fuel tanks.

Last edited:

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He could have at least not gone to a place with no witnesses.

I was honestly confused by why he didn't escape. He (and others) seemed to magically be able to do everything else, yet a simple slipaway was not a possibility.

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It wasn't clear he had eyes on him. Why he chose to drive the transponder Charger instead of stealing a car or pulling a GTA on someone is an o/s question to me.

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you guys are looking for a logical explanation to a storyline that isn't intended to be logical or much more than barely consistent. In the end, the point was for him to die in the forest, everything else is incidental, according to Nicky P.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Overall it was a case where the hype of expectation did not live up to the reality of the production IMHO.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What was the significance of dying in a forest? Alone with no help but in a truly unselfish act, pretty much unlike everything else he ever did in his life?

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If a show takes a *********** forest and everyone is there to see it, does it make another season?

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What was the significance of dying in a forest? Alone with no help but in a truly unselfish act, pretty much unlike everything else he ever did in his life?

Well, his Dad called that outcome during the dream sequence in ep 3 (I think). It's as significant as the other dude dying in the desert. Which seems to somewhat juxtapose nature against the pseudo-menacing cuts to the city/highway/industry in all the episodes

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If all those critics who simply preferred The Good Wife wreck season 3 I'm gonna be pissed. Even dudes who hated season 2 and loved 1 (1 was pretty much a sensation) should technically agree since 3 could be as good as 1..if I'm making any sense at all lol

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, his Dad called that outcome during the dream sequence in ep 3 (I think). It's as significant as the other dude dying in the desert. Which seems to somewhat juxtapose nature against the pseudo-menacing cuts to the city/highway/industry in all the episodes

Totally forgot about that dream sequence; "I see you. You're running through the trees, you're small. The trees are like Giants." and then something about getting cut to pieces by the men shooting him.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads