• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

True Detective - HBO

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I was really hoping for Keira Knightley but I'm fine with Rachel McAdams getting the major female role.

Unfortunately, this season has so much to live up to. Not sure it will meet everyone's expectations. Fingers crossed.

Gonna be hard. Hits happen when you get the right people at the right time and to try to recreate the chemistry is hard. MM just blew it away, Woody was great, everything in season 1 just worked.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Yup. Funny that a lot of people (read: internet) were disappointed in the finale. I thought it was fine but many were comparing it to LOST ending letdown which I think was overblown.

I just remember being sucked into True Detective early on. Like I said, hope this second season matches its intensity and intrigue even if we will be unfairly comparing them constantly.

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i must say the cast choice is odd to me given the mood of the show but I do like actors that are type cast to step outside their typecast roles. VV has been playing a comedy guy for too long, he can play creepy I remmeber the movie where he played the psycho step dad. CF again kinda an action dude with a lot more to offer, I feel like he hasn't quite had the right role yet to display his skills, in Bruges was excellent. Rachel Mcadams has always struck me like she can do something, hope she can prove it. Taylor kitsch I am not sure, battleship wasn't Oscar worthy but savages was intreting.

I hope some of these actors can get away form the type casting as MM did.

Taylor Kitsch's best work is Friday Night Lights. Battleship, lol.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why LA county? There are other places of CA that would feel better for the show. I loved how they captured how weird Louisiana was in season 1. Other good locations would be the keys, Ozarks, and Alaska.

Keys are being done in Bloodline; Netflix original series.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From the intertubes, the series is set along the Interstate 5 corridor.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^ Yup. Funny that a lot of people (read: internet) were disappointed in the finale. I thought it was fine but many were comparing it to LOST ending letdown which I think was overblown.

I just remember being sucked into True Detective early on. Like I said, hope this second season matches its intensity and intrigue even if we will be unfairly comparing them constantly.

I was good with the ending. its about the journey not the ending, idk wtf people would of wanted past what it was.

Taylor Kitsch's best work is Friday Night Lights. Battleship, lol.

i guess

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked the first two episodes, but it seemed like they are trying a little too hard to recreate exactly the magic of the first season. Still, its been a long time, I'll enjoy it, even if it is derivative .

Stugotes

Reaction score
So, what is everybody's impression? I really like the characters and the setting. Curious to see how the story works out.

Stugotes

Reaction score
Hm, so this is turning out to be the same kind of perpetrator as in Season 1? A rich obscure pedophile family?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I watched episode one but fell asleep watching episode 2. Not sure I have the patience for the show again. Very gloomy and could care less about the characters or their broken marriages.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads