• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

True Detective - HBO

phoni

Reaction score
The Top 10 quote is slightly tenuous (context is quite different, but I don't have my comics here to check); I'd be happy if it really was taken from Moore's book. Top 10 is a fine creation but nowhere near the masterpiece that is Promethea. I'd buy that mini-series for a dollar!

By the way, I'd have no problem with more starlets 'bearing' their assests, as long as I can paw at them.

Only took me a week or so; fine, fine, I'll get my coat...

Vandalen

Reaction score
Did anyone else think of that old incest episode of X-files when you watched the finale?

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"You haven't made flowers on me in nearly three weeks."

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Season 2 stars announced...

Vince Vaughn and Colin Farrell... Directed by

Justin Lin

:puzzled:

Last edited:

velobran

Reaction score
The rumored "heavily drinking" female sidekick is Elizabeth Moss, was the rumor alongside the announcement of Farrell. I can see Farrell playing a gritty role - but Vaughn, these days? No way.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is gonna suck.

Stugotes

Reaction score
NooooOOOOoooOOOoo....!!

uhoh.gif

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The rumored "heavily drinking" female sidekick is Elizabeth Moss, was the rumor alongside the announcement of Farrell. I can see Farrell playing a gritty role - but Vaughn, these days? No way.

Would you not have said the same of Matthew Mcconaughey/

Stugotes

Reaction score
Would you not have said the same of Matthew Mcconaughey/

After Killer Joe and Lincoln Lawyer, no. At least not me. McC may have done cheesy romcoms in the past, but at least he always looked like he could play a serious character. To me, Vaughn looks like the funny man he always was. I may be pleasently surprised, though, you never know.

Vaughn is said to play a mob-connected criminal, btw, not one of the cops.

Elisabeth Moss is Peggy. Forever.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

After Killer Joe and Lincoln Lawyer, no. At least not me. McC may have done cheesy romcoms in the past, but at least he always looked like he could play a serious character. To me, Vaughn looks like the funny man he always was. I may be pleasently surprised, though, you never know.

Vaughn is said to play a mob-connected criminal, btw, not one of the cops.

Elisabeth Moss is Peggy. Forever.

A time to kill anyone? he did a great job there and i thought lincoln lawyer was great!

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Vaughn is such a ****** actor. Surprising choice.

lefty

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have a good feeling about the actors, but I am willing to wait and see. I don't see this being as enjoyable as S1 mostly because it's in California. While CA can be in interesting state, no state in the union has that weird other worldly feeling like LA.

Stugotes

Reaction score
I think that chosing CA as a setting for any TV show or movie is a convenient / lazy ass move.

I read a lot of rumors regarding the female lead, though, even Keira Knightley seems to be considered.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads