1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

True Detective - HBO

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by fir3fox, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Hm, never occured to me.

2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

[​IMG]

This was during the second episode after Marty calls his daughters to dinner. He does a double-take to see what they were doing. It really struck me as odd. The diary of naked drawings I'm sure you remember so no need to post that.

I didn't think anything of these clues until fast-forward 7 years and his teenage daughter was busted having sex with two guys. I honestly have no idea where/how/why this all came about and am interested to see where it leads.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  3. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

A recurring theme is this image - people (in this case two people having sex) encircled by a group of men. If you watch closely during Rusty's questioning you can see the he cuts the beer cans up to make figures that he positions in a circle. And at the end of episode 5, the last satanic figure he finds is encircled by other figures.

A lot of this reminds me of that semi-bad Satanic flick Johnny Depp did about ten years ago. Also the cult aspects of that Tom Cruise movie from the mid 2000s.

4. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Only one set of tits so far in this show (kind of low numbers for an HBO show) but they were a REALLY nice set.

1 person likes this.
  5. AldenPyle

AldenPyle Senior member

I'm actually reversing course. They've sold us on maybe/maybe not Rust is the killer and Marty as the PoV character. But actually, we don't know anymore about what Marty has been up to since his wife kicked him out, then we know about what Rust has been up to. The creepy preacher has been revealed to be dead and we need a new big bad with some bite. Maybe Marty sold out to the Carcosans.

6. Stugotes

Stugotes Senior member

Make that two.

Great episode - again! Spaghetti-face is still out there. Glad they made it clear that Rust isn't the killer.

Strong performances by all actors, too. Paul Ben Victor is always good to see and Rust visiting that child was gut wrenching!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  7. gort

gort Senior member

Creepy preacher dead? You mean the guy who played Nucky's brother on Boardwalk? I must've missed them saying he is dead.

8. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

Curious to see what goes down between Marty and Rust next episode - why would Rust never fix his broken tail light after 10 years?

The show is so consistently good at being creepy/scary without any "cheap" scariness - nothing ever jumps out or startles you, it's just built around sets, lighting, acting, and music.

9. gort

gort Senior member

The T-Mobile girl is so hot. She's on Banshee (Cinemax) and you get to see nice amounts of her.

10. Stugotes

Stugotes Senior member

No, the preacher Rust visited in yesterday's episode to ask for the old files. The one that came by the police station in an earlier episode to start that weird task force. In 2012 he is said to have died under dubious circumstances.

11. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

No way Marty is the killer. He can't even keep his cheating secret.

12. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Yeah, he's so sloppy. Hilarious picture the girl sent him and his saving her name under "B". Very discreet.

13. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

Closing track "Sign of the Judgment" is excellent, Cassandra Wilson...Handsome Family etc...All good

14. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Tuttle and his organization is definitely involved in some capacity. Curious to see how Rust has been able to track the case for the last ten years, my guess is that he has been undercover but seeing that he has had exposure to a lot of folks (including Tuttle) that could be involved, how has he been able to keep undetected?

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I need to rewatch the first 5 episodes of TD. Show is too dense to watch while distracted

16. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I was kind of hoping they wouldn't go this route--the band getting back together for one final tour. It'll be fun to watch but it's not exactly brave or original writing.

17. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ add a spoiler you fuck, ruined the next episode for me. fuck

18. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

That wasn't even in this episode you fuck--it was in the preview for the next episode.

19. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Theory I'm seeing kicked around...

Maggie's father is a member or perhaps the ringleader of this cabal. Probably not the Yellow King as he isn't tall and doesn't have scars. Remember the junkie in jail who talked about rich men meeting up in the woods? It looks like Maggie's parents have some money based on their rural house and property. Add to this the theme of molestation with Maggie and Marty's daughter (the dolls positioned in a gangbang--witnessed at grandpa's?) along with the possibility of sexual issues with Maggie.

20. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member