True Blood

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Mauro, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Senior member

I'm so over this show. I tried and tried, but realized that I am in neither the age nor sex demographic that it's made for.

Age and sex have nothing to do with it, your not just interested

2. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

i liked the 1st season, hated the 2nd with a passion, and now i'm getting back into it (as long as sookie's fairy head stays shut from now on)

3. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Age and sex have nothing to do with it, your not just interested

Keep telling yourself that, Pedro.

4. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Senior member

Keep telling yourself that, Pedro.

whats wrong with an adult heterosexual male enjoying a story involving fairies, and lots of homoeroticism?

[​IMG]

5. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

i liked the 1st season, hated the 2nd with a passion, and now i'm getting back into it (as long as sookie's fairy head stays shut from now on)

+1

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I just worked through the first 3 books of the series over the past 3 days and its amazing how much Alan Ball goes away from the story. Especially in the past two seasons.

7. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

I just worked through the first 3 books of the series over the past 3 days and its amazing how much Alan Ball goes away from the story. Especially in the past two seasons.

Good way or bad way?

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Good way or bad way?
    Weird way. Some of the shit they came up with is just way out of left field. A few examples: Lafyette dies at the beginning of book two. Has about 1 page of dialogue in book 1. Tara has about 10 pages in all 3 books combined. Eggs, 1 page. Godric isn't the leader of the Dallas clan, has no ties to Eric, and is a child raping, serial killing bastard. That's why he want's to kill himself. In book two, the maenad has about 10 pages of dialogue, doesn't get named, and goes away only killing the people who murdered Lafyette. NO MENTION OF TARA'S MOTHER!!!!!!!!!!

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

^ Lafyette became too popular with the viewers to write out. I think that's what is controlling the writing as much as anything, what plays well with the viewers. It's not a bad tactic but it can also lead to shark jumping.

Although, that doesn't explain why Tara is around, as everyone seems to want her dead. [​IMG]

Wow, Godric sounds like a nasty piece of work in the book.

10. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    That's why I didn't read the books. I think a shoot off from the books is fine. Just give Jessica more air time and put it somewhere in her contract to get nekked!

11. tomgirl

tomgirl Senior member

Sorry guys...Tara doesn't die in book 4, either. [​IMG]

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

^ Lafyette became too popular with the viewers to write out. I think that's what is controlling the writing as much as anything, what plays well with the viewers. It's not a bad tactic but it can also lead to shark jumping. Although, that doesn't explain why Tara is around, as everyone seems to want her dead. [​IMG] Wow, Godric sounds like a nasty piece of work in the book.
    I know. I was just detailing a few of the differences that I picked up. Godric wasn't really portrayed as being horribly nasty. Just someone who knew he did awful things.
    That's why I didn't read the books. I think a shoot off from the books is fine. Just give Jessica more air time and put it somewhere in her contract to get nekked!
    Also, no Jessica yet.

13. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Sorry guys...Tara doesn't die in book 4, either. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

another big difference is that Tara in the books is white and is not related to Lafayette. she is a minor character in the books and could be one in the show too. write her off.

15. mattt

mattt Senior member

3/4 of season 2 sucked total balls becauase of the maenad bullshit and tara. she needs to die. also the books sound a lot better than the show, godric was kind of pointless and lame, needed more child raping.