True Blood

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Mauro, Jun 14, 2009.

1. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

I'm not sure. I think I remember something where Eric or Godric said something alluding that Godric was more powerful and didn't really have to listen to her. Her reply was something like, "Oh yeah? Well I'm on TV so I win."

she might not be older but she is, technically, in a greater position of power. sort of like the Magister and the King. The Magister was the supreme law/judge of vampires that the King should have followed orders and that obviously wasn't the case.

2. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Senior member

Anyone notice a parallel between Sookie's Coma scene and Tony Soprano's in season six? Obviously Sookie's was much shorter but I thought the resemblance was uncanny.

3. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

sookie's coma scene was the fruitiest thing i've seen in a looooong time. take that shit to bonnaroo, hippies.

4. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

I think the coma scene was supposed to give insight into her true nature. The fact that she has "no blood type" is another indicator she is not really human. The light in her glass was probably supposed to represent something too, as the woman that was talking to her in the coma kept repeating about not allowing her light to be taken. Lastly, when Bill approached her hospital bed, everyone was yelling something about the darkness approaching.

5. tomgirl

tomgirl Senior member

ahhh...i kind of wish i hadn't read the fourth book in the charlaine harris series (i borrowed it and read it out of boredom, it's the installment after the current season of true blood), but i have to admit that it does kind of explain what's going on in the tv show, making things like the coma scene a lot less fruity and more understandable.

6. imschatz

imschatz Senior member

I think the coma scene was supposed to give insight into her true nature. The fact that she has "no blood type" is another indicator she is not really human. The light in her glass was probably supposed to represent something too, as the woman that was talking to her in the coma kept repeating about not allowing her light to be taken. Lastly, when Bill approached her hospital bed, everyone was yelling something about the darkness approaching.
    Would venture a guess that "the light" in the glass and her power to repell vampires and mary-anne are one and the same.

7. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I liked Lorena. WTF? [​IMG]

She was pretty hot, especially when all glammed up.

The King is getting a bit more interesting. Glad to seem him drop some of his affected southern manners at the end of the episode.

8. grundletaint

so, basically, snookie is the island on LOST?

9. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    The King and his lover were getting kind of lame but the show of the king's power and aggression has made me re-think his being on the show.

10. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

The King and his lover were getting kind of lame but the show of the king's power and aggression has made me re-think his being on the show.

ugh. his lover is annoying as hell. It bothers me that he's gotten more airtime than jessica this season. The writers' priorities are messed up.

11. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Don't be so traumatized by teh ghey on the show. They bring more gratuitous violence, T&A than any show ever. A little homo won't hurt you.

12. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    The director is flaming. So he likes the ghey more than most. I do agree with GQ it's complete bullshit that Jessica isn't getting enough air time.

13. grundletaint

A little homo won't hurt you.

o rly?

[​IMG]

14. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

^^^
    But he's a big homo.

15. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I'm so over this show. I tried and tried, but realized that I am in neither the age nor sex demographic that it's made for.