• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

True bespoke suits in Portland?

Joe Esq

Reaction score
Rather than pile on to the similar Seattle thread, is there anyone doing true bespoke suiting in Portland, Oregon? By which I mean Savile Row quality, hand-drawn pattern, multiple fittings, almost entirely handmade, etc?

I've heard Gian DeCaro may or may not actually do that up in Seattle, but I've never heard of anyone doing this in Portland. I know there are some pretty decent custom suits being done in town, but I believe they're all outsourced to factories.

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can try Abraham Lee over on NE MLK - west side of street just north of Prescott. Don't be fooled by the fact that it is adjacent to a dry clear, he is the real deal. Was in LA for years - used to make Johnny Carson's suits - and then in downtown until the rents got too high and he went across the river.

I am not fond of his house style and have never commissioned anything, but his fans rave and he has a great selection of cloth to choose from. He is slow and not cheap and you will wait...but it's worth it. I can't remember what his fees are, although they might have gone up since the Masters of The Obvious at PDX Magazine named him the city's best tailor last year.

I found him on a recommendation from an SA at Nordtrom's when I was looking for someone who could do a re-weave about 10 years ago and have been using him ever since. PM me if you are looking for more cost efficient/faster alterations tailors, but if you are looking for bespoke he's it.

Joe Esq

Reaction score
Reviving this thread for 2014. Does anyone know of any tailors capable of making a good-quality, stylish suit in Portland (i.e., actually making it in Portland, and not sending out to Asian factories)? Next best would be the same in Seattle?

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Reviving this thread for 2014. Does anyone know of any tailors capable of making a good-quality, stylish suit in Portland (i.e., actually making it in Portland, and not sending out to Asian factories)? Next best would be the same in Seattle?

I'd like to find a bespoke tailor in Portland, as well. I looked at the Adam Arnold site and it was a little too avant-garde for me. I'm interested in classic British style...updated a bit perhaps...three button, notch lapel waistcoat, maybe a window pane fabric.

richardalanhall

Reaction score
If you are looking for Made To Measure then Lance with Proper Suit off of Burnside Road offers that! I know its not true bespoke but M2M usually is enough for most people.

Disclaimer: I work for Proper Suit in NYC but have worked with Lance in the past for Proper Suit Trunk Shows

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads