1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

True bespoke suits in Portland?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Joe Esq, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Joe Esq

Joe Esq Member

Rather than pile on to the similar Seattle thread, is there anyone doing true bespoke suiting in Portland, Oregon? By which I mean Savile Row quality, hand-drawn pattern, multiple fittings, almost entirely handmade, etc?

I've heard Gian DeCaro may or may not actually do that up in Seattle, but I've never heard of anyone doing this in Portland. I know there are some pretty decent custom suits being done in town, but I believe they're all outsourced to factories.

2. Joe Esq

Joe Esq Member

3. Spark

Spark Senior Member

You can try Abraham Lee over on NE MLK - west side of street just north of Prescott. Don't be fooled by the fact that it is adjacent to a dry clear, he is the real deal. Was in LA for years - used to make Johnny Carson's suits - and then in downtown until the rents got too high and he went across the river.

I am not fond of his house style and have never commissioned anything, but his fans rave and he has a great selection of cloth to choose from. He is slow and not cheap and you will wait...but it's worth it. I can't remember what his fees are, although they might have gone up since the Masters of The Obvious at PDX Magazine named him the city's best tailor last year.

I found him on a recommendation from an SA at Nordtrom's when I was looking for someone who could do a re-weave about 10 years ago and have been using him ever since. PM me if you are looking for more cost efficient/faster alterations tailors, but if you are looking for bespoke he's it.

4. Joe Esq

Joe Esq Member

Reviving this thread for 2014. Does anyone know of any tailors capable of making a good-quality, stylish suit in Portland (i.e., actually making it in Portland, and not sending out to Asian factories)? Next best would be the same in Seattle?

5. DWFII

DWFII Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker Dubiously Honored

I'd like to find a bespoke tailor in Portland, as well. I looked at the Adam Arnold site and it was a little too avant-garde for me. I'm interested in classic British style...updated a bit perhaps...three button, notch lapel waistcoat, maybe a window pane fabric.

6. richardalanhall

richardalanhall New Member

If you are looking for Made To Measure then Lance with Proper Suit off of Burnside Road offers that! I know its not true bespoke but M2M usually is enough for most people.

Disclaimer: I work for Proper Suit in NYC but have worked with Lance in the past for Proper Suit Trunk Shows

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016