• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

trousers to go with cream sport coat?

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A rare foray into MC for me:

I will probably be working in a "business casual" office in a hot, humid climate this summer. I was thinking about picking-up a cream cotton & linen sport coat for the occasional dressing-up of my daily workwear.

However, I am at a bit of a loss as to what colour & type of trousers would go with this. Any pics or suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks!

sf_esq

Reaction score
Depending on the shade and it's tones, perhaps navy trousers would work.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In theory light gray, white, light brown should be easy. You can get enough contrast if you don't match the fabric top and bottom. If you wear slubby linen herringbone in the jacket, then light and smooth cotton or wool trousers should stand apart. And I would def. wear a light blue or light pink shirt; a white shirt might be too much white.

In summer, with all the bright light of the sun, it is easier to get away with color combinations that might be too matching in the winter.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very versatile:

khaki/tan
dark brown
pale grey - solid or plaid
any pastel colour
navy or denim

Obviously, not all of those may fly, depending on the nature of your office. But they're good starting points.

(can you tell I'm selling a cream linen jacket?
laugh.gif
)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads