1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Trouser shopping

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by norcaltransplant, Sep 26, 2004.

1. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Distinguished Member

Recently I've been searching for flat front trousers to fill out my wardrobe.  I haven't had much luck at local discount retailers or Ebay, so yesterday I made a trip to Woodbury Common.  I wasn't planning to buy much, but ended up with three pairs of pants--chocolate, flat-front, wool/cashmere thin-wale cords from Donna Karan Collection; gray flat front wool slacks from Donna Karan Collection; and a pair of chocolate brown moleskin "jeans" from Hugo Boss Baldessarini.  I realize that none of the above on par with Incotex, Mabitex, etc., but has anyone had success with Donna Karan and top end Boss?  I read a few threads about Baldessarini, but most were in reference to suits rather than shirtings and casual wear.

FWIW, I walked out with all three pairs for a touch more than an elusive pair of size 8 Grensons from Bennie's.

2. dorian

dorian Senior Member

No experience with either brand; sorry.

Did you notice whether the Loro Piana outlet had opened? If so, and assuming you visited the store, what sort of merchandise do they stock there?

Thanks.

3. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Distinguished Member

Loro Piana won't be open until the first of next month. I expect the remodeled outlet to be same as the last store--lots of sweaters, a few pairs of pants, and a nice selection of knitwear. Prices were reasonable but not fantastic (about 40-50% off retail).

FWIW, if you like cashmere, I think the Malo outlet is a lot better and their cuts fit slimmer gentlemen quite nicely. The TSE menswear stuff would also be worth checking out post-Xmas.

4. dorian

dorian Senior Member

Great. I've been holding off on a quilted cashmere vest (ching-ching-ching$$$ at the NYC store), so I'll be checking out the outlet. Thanks v. much [​IMG]