Trouser Hangers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bigbris1, Sep 22, 2009.

1. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

Anyone have any experience with these trouser hangers from the Storage Store? [​IMG]

2. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

I thought it was better to hang them by the cuffs/hem on one of those clamp type hangers. Or is that just a myth?

3. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

Not sure but I'm not interested in hanging mine that way, I like folding them.

4. Twotone

Twotone Senior member

I always hang, never fold.

Twotone

5. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

i have a couple of those multi pant hangers from the now defunct Linen N Things.

pretty nice. stainless steel hanger with multiple swing rods covered with foam for support.

6. a tailor

a tailor Senior member Dubiously Honored

Anyone have any experience with these trouser hangers from the Storage Store?

[​IMG]

thats the standard retail store display hanger.
    if there is a store selling retail store furniture in your area, they are cheaper there.

7. Mild Mannered

Mild Mannered Senior member

I've tried several different types of hangars and now stick with a basic hangar with an anti-slip dowling. The clip types, in my experience, quickly became unreliable and were breaking or malfunctioning. I was finding pants on the floor too may times. The swing bar types were much better (imo) but still I went back to the regular anti-slip hangars.
    Once in awhile I'll take all my trousers out of the closet and reverse hang them to prevent that crease that occurs when hanging too long. Hope this helps.

8. Chim12

Chim12 Senior member

Hang if you have the space, the weight of the pants will help take out the wrinkles if nothing else. A nice cedar pants hanger also helps with the smells that come up with the shoes ;-(

9. brax

brax Senior member

Take a look at the Hangar Project. They have a great selection.

10. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I use $1 wood hangers from Target for everything in my closets except suits and sport coats

11. GBR

GBR Senior member

None and I am not going to try.

Just stay with tried and tested wooden hangers.

12. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

I use $1 wood hangers from Target for everything in my closets except suits and sport coats

Our closets are full of wood hangers but they take up precious real estate (I used to hang my dress shirts on them but have resorted back to the cheap cleaners wire hangers for this) I use wide-shouldered hangers for my suits & sport coats, hanging the trousers most often worn with the SCs on the same hangers, but for the other trousers I would like some nice hangers that can be pressed up against one another.

I think I'm going to use my eBay bucks to get a set. They're like $14 for 10.

13. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

The wood hangers I'm talking about are not wide at all - take the same space as cleaners' hangers for pants and just a little more space than wire hangers for shirts. Tey're flat and can be compressed pretty well.

14. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

The wood hangers I'm talking about are not wide at all - take the same space as cleaners' hangers for pants and just a little more space than wire hangers for shirts. Tey're flat and can be compressed pretty well.
    Yah, but if the wooden ones you are referring to are anything like the ones from Ikea, I think relative to the wires ones, in the aggregate, they do take up a lot of space since the hangers have a slight curve to them, and you can't pack the clothes tighter together on the rod, albeit, that is not something you want to be doing in the first place, but I guess if you have limited space, not much choice. I get all my dress shirts laundered, so they stay on the wire hangers they come on. No way I'm wasting my time transferring shirts to wooden hangers. Besides, they look better that I don't disturb them until I'm going to wear them. As for pants, I think the one the OP is interested in will work perfectly fine, and actually is preferable over any clamping versions.

15. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

Thanks TR. I hink the hangers gdl has are far superior to anything I can adffor,d.

Can yout ell I've been hitting the Scotch?
    \\\\ [​IMG]