• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trouser advice sought

TyskJohan

Reaction score
Yesterday I got two pairs of Incotex, found on sale at Yoox. I paid 90 euro for both and used the free shipping code, so I think I did quite well.

However, I think I will have to send them back. I got them in European size 56 (which is a 37-38 inch waist) - the legs are unfinished but there's not more that 35 inches there so the hem would only have about 2 cm of extra fabric if I had them finished.

I love the workmanship and feel of these trousers, especially the slim legs. The reason I have to return them is that the top is too tight (it fits well, but looks ghastly). The pants fit my seat so well that my otherwise somewhat unsightly stomach makes me look like Kermit the Frog in Incotex (think thin, thin legs with a huge blob on top).

Can anyone recommend a trouser with similar qualities and relatively tapered legs that aren't quite as seat-hugging (sic!) as the Incotex? I don't think going up to size 58 (if they even make that) is going to cut it.

Check out my other threads if you must see my physique, I thought I'd spare you the sight of Kermit.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyskJohan
Yesterday I got two pairs of Incotex, found on sale at Yoox. I paid 90 euro for both and used the free shipping code, so I think I did quite well.

However, I think I will have to send them back. I got them in European size 56 (which is a 37-38 inch waist) - the legs are unfinished but there's not more that 35 inches there so the hem would only have about 2 cm of extra fabric if I had them finished.

I love the workmanship and feel of these trousers, especially the slim legs. The reason I have to return them is that the top is too tight (it fits well, but looks ghastly). The pants fit my seat so well that my otherwise somewhat unsightly stomach makes me look like Kermit the Frog in Incotex (think thin, thin legs with a huge blob on top).

Can anyone recommend a trouser with similar qualities and relatively tapered legs that aren't quite as seat-hugging (sic!) as the Incotex? I don't think going up to size 58 (if they even make that) is going to cut it.

Check out my other threads if you must see my physique, I thought I'd spare you the sight of Kermit.

Incotex does make size 58 (even 60). The one's on YOOX are almost definitely the slimmer, tighter euro market pants, which I favor, but which are as you mentioned. My suggestion would be to try and buy Incotex which are marked in the US sizing (38 waist for example). They will be somewhat slim and tapered (not nearly as much as the ones you have) but you will have more room in the seat. Some of the EU sized ones are also a bit roomier but YOOX does not give measurements. Keep an eye on the sales forum. You will find Incotex being sold by Norcaltransplant, chorse123 and myself. Measurements will be listed which will help you decide of the pants are right for you. Also, www.virtualclotheshorse.com carries Incotex (and Borrelli which are as well made as the top Incotex) regularly and you can purchase them there. Lance at virtualclotheshorse got me started on my Incotex addiction.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am convinced (although perhaps wrongly) that Incotex makes Borrelli's pants. The detailing just looks identical to me apart from some Borrelli flourishes.

I agree that they are both excellent pants.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I am convinced (although perhaps wrongly) that Incotex makes Borrelli's pants. The detailing just looks identical to me apart from some Borrelli flourishes.

I agree that they are both excellent pants.

Funny you should mention that. I believe the same and I also believe that Incotex/Borrelli have made/make some store brand pants (e.g. Saks).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads