1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Trouble with Sak 5th avenue?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by demeis, Mar 28, 2005.

1. demeis

demeis Distinguished Member

Ok so i've made 3 purchases from Saks in my life (two from off 5th and one from the website). All of them have gone wrong the last one features them losing two canali suits and ties and a wallet all of which i have been charged for. After 3 phone calls and being told twice that its gone out and that i will get a call for a confirmation number (3 times told this) i finally got an answer that theydon't know what happened with the stuff, one suit i planned to wear to a wedding this saturday. So i was wondering is saks just really unorganized/incompetent? Cause they have lost stuff or mischarged me 3 times, then lied about stuff and have been giving me the run around and was wondering if other have experienced the same treatment from saks because right now i'm probibly never gonna buy from them again. Just wondering what others think and to bash saks right now cause i'm pretty pissed.

2. hitemup

hitemup Active Member

I feel for you man.

A little over a month ago I purchased several ties at the local Off 5th and the cashier stole my credit card number. Later that night he punched it in and charged me for a $350 watch (not too mention it was a hideous piece of junk). A week later the Loss Preventions Manager from Saks corporate called and notified me of this. Luckily they had been watching this guy. The LP manager was very apologetic and professional. He gave me his cell and told me to call him over that weekend if anything came up or just to vent. A couple weeks after that, I received a hand written apology and gift card from the loal store manager. So, am I pissed? Not really, Saks was professional and they handled the situation quickly.

I do pray to the retail gods that this guy will turn to Wal-mart to get a job and my buddy will sic their LP guys on him and make his life uncomfortable.

Vent complete.

3. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

That's a wild story. Doesn't sound like your cashier was exactly a rocket scientist. You know how amazingly easy would be to get caught doing something like that.

4. hitemup

hitemup Active Member

Yeah, it was crazy. The LP guy from Saks started off just wanting to verify my purchases and how much etc. and then he asked about the watch purchase and how it had been the only keyed-in charge of my purchases and late at night.

I asked him if the employee in question was also moonlighting as a crackhead. I don't understand people sometimes.

5. zjpj83

zjpj83 Distinguished Member

that's a crazy story (both of them)

6. demeis

demeis Distinguished Member

So i finally found out what happened after over 4 hours on the phone with people and many different answers and people not keeping any promises to call me back, which is Saks gave my stuff to the wrong person (who hasn't noticed almost 2 weeks later) at least thats what they told me but i think they lost it. So now i'm out two canali suits (one was for a wedding this weekend which now i have today and tommarow to go suit shopping and no alteration BLAH.) and ties and a wallet which was a good deal for the price i paid. I guess it wasn't ment to be but the biggest thing for me is they didn't even do anything about it all i got was an apology. At least give me a bloody 25% off coupon or something. So i'm feeling a complaint letter to corporate.