• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trouble Fitting Items in Jeans

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only jeans I have trouble putting **** in are Helmut Lang. My julian red calis can take a wallet just fine, even though they are a bit slimmer than HL. Don't really use pants pockets that much, though.

dave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdc_2008
Funny, this is how I size my jeans...if I can't carry all my crap in them, they don't fit right.

+1 you're pants are TOO TIGHT.

oh, and, there is no "stylish" purse for a man to carry. it's a case of mutual exclusivity. you can either be stylish or you can carry a purse you can not do both.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
one of the first things i check before i buy jeans is pocket size. if the back pocket can successfully hold my wallet and my chapstick, it's perfect.

so while jeans like dior homme and apc fail this test, KMW, nudie, and april 77 pass with flying colors. then again, my back pockets tend to take a beating since i also shove a mini u-lock in there when i bike.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mangina?

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do you think people here are willing to pay upwards of $90 for a sterling silver FlatHead key ring for their belt loop?
tounge.gif

Seriously though, I keep my wallet in the back pocket. My cell phone is large (about the size of an iphone but twice as thick) and it's fine in my back pocket unless I sit down. My keyring is down to a house key, thick car key/remote and a bottle opener (a necessity!)

If I need to carry anything more, I bring along my shoulderbag (aka manpurse)

gdc_2008

Reaction score
I laugh when I wear my 5EP LDBs because the pocket bags are so damn deep that I have to dig around to get at stuff. Only down side there is that all my crap sits lower on my leg (gee, that just sounds bad)...looks kinda funny.

I refuse to carry a manbag. I do have a Timbuk2, but it is more a briefcase kinda dealyo

herzzreh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
For one, don't wear jeans you can't put **** in while wearing. Use it as a chance to own less ugly things, slim wallet, get rid of unnecessary keys, and get a small cell phone.

Agree on everything but cell phone. Show me a small, slim phone that has all of the functions of my N95? Yes, I use 99.9% of the functions.

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's time to man up, grow a penis, and sit on a redmoon. the bruising subsides after a few weeks and leaves a permanent indentation on your ass.

skunkworks

Reaction score
I also have problems fitting things into the front pocket of my APC NS jeans. Def. wish they were deeper.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hi-val
Carry a cell phone in your back pocket or in something else. The front pocket fade is baaaaad. Get a clip or a beener to put your keys on and hook that onto a belt loop.

The wallet pocket will stretch out a bit, don't worry about that too much.

Says who? my front pocket on my slim jims is faded with a cell phone. Life has gone on and it looks fine

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sometimes i have trouble fitting ******** in my jeenz.

datasupa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cldpsu
Says who? my front pocket on my slim jims is faded with a cell phone. Life has gone on and it looks fine

No, it doesn't. hi~val is correct, albeit a little exuberant with his use of vowels.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We've had this discussion before, no need to start it up again.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by datasupa
No, it doesn't. hi~val is correct, albeit a little exuberant with his use of vowels.

It's actually quite alright... the pocket is there for me to put things in it and a rectangular outline doesn't bother me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads