• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Trivia Contests

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I am rather drunk (just passed an important professional test and a couple of school tests, so forgive the rather Connie-esuque mix of attention whoring and desperation) and this week is a have-fun-and-let-loose week.
Anywho, I find fascinating the balance that any smart player must strike when playing trivia. As a backdrop, I am one of those fortunate guys, took the GMAT drunk, scored a 750, etc....., I just take tests well, know facts well. I fully realize this doesn't necessarily translate into real world success, so spare me the lecturing. There are many things I am incredibly stupid at = I distinctly remember a power forward (among others) (who thought the Smurfs were a KKK inside joke (Papa Smurf was the only one in a red cap=grand wizard)) grasping the intracacies of a 3/4 matchup zone weeks before I could. There are some things I'm stupid at. Fair enough, dangling prepositions and all.

Anywho, girls don't like guys that are too smart. What are ways that you guys have minimized that? I've always ruthlessly made fun of myself (and it's a target-rich environment) to put the girls at ease. But I was told tonight that I came off as too agressive. Any suggestions? I like to "win", but I like to get laid a good bit more.

This forum is full of brainiacs - how do you guys deal? There's a fine line between showing girls that you're smart and being a nerd/intimidating them.

Yeeks, this is one og those threads I'm going to regret posting.

Who are three people who've never been in my kitchen?

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
I like to "win", but I like to get laid a good bit more.

Are these not one and the same?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I must commend the quality of your drunk-posting; your clarity of thought far surpasses anything young Conne has ever laid upon us whilst in his cups.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
I must commend the quality of your drunk-posting; your clarity of thought far surpasses anything young Conne has ever laid upon us whilst in his cups.

Or whilst not in his cups.

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Who are three people who've never been in my kitchen?

Julius Caesar, Lillie Langtree, Lester Maddox.

Connemara

[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube

+1, I'm quite impressed!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami