• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trip to Tampa

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm going to be in Tampa for a week on leave, starting Monday. So all the usual things you say when you come to Frankfurt or Rome, I have to ask about Florida. Where are the best places to shop: for classic clothes, for streetwear, for good food and wine... I'll be focusing my efforts on Central Tampa for business reasons--post Army I'm planning on starting a club there--but will be able to get around a little bit.

Anyone interested in getting a beer or hitting the shops for a little bit, let me know. My schedule is pretty open right now in hopes of setting up meetings as I go.

Tom

bch

Reaction score
I wouldn't exactly call the Gulf Coast of Florida a hotbed of style. Maybe the locals know of some great places (I'm in Ft. Lauderdale), but I'd stick to Blizzard Beach, Busch Gardens (don't drink the beer.), and other tourist sites rather than shop. Bern's Steakhouse is also a great place to dine, by the way, though I hear that it has lessened in quality over the past few years.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
the Dali museum around the way at St Petes is pretty cool

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
I'll have to check out the Dali museum, I've managed to run into travelling exhibits in a couple of places in the world, wouldn't mind seeing a more permanent thing. But man does this sound discouraging about Tampa. Maybe I'll have to open the first stylish club in the city, start spreading the love
smile.gif
Tom

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Call it something hip, like Paradox, charge $12 for drinks, $6 for water, hire dancers, and play electronic music like house or trance. You're set.

Hmm, I might actually go to one of these clubs ... and bring my flask.

bch

Reaction score
Go to Ybor City. Wear your uniform. You'll have a good time, I think.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Go to Ybor City.  Wear your uniform.  You'll have a good time, I think.
Heh, I hear ya.  But after wearing that thing non-stop for two months, I'm trying to feel as non-military as possible--I'll post pics with my "have only been cutting enough of my hair to meet the standard" 'do.

Tom

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads