• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trip to Southeast Asia

lasker12345

Reaction score
My friend and I are planning a trip to Southeast Asia. We are both 27, male, heterosexual. We will be there approximately 8 days in April and are looking for advice on cities to visit, activities to plan, hotels to stay at and so on.

1. We are generally more interested in partying than sightseeing. Also sightseeing is easy find via Google.
  2. We are not pinching pennies on this trip. We can spend ~$3K + airfare.

Advice would be much appreciated. We are looking for the best parties to go to. Not random stuff anyone could find. Basically where are hot, well-connected, 20-30 year old girls going in Southeast Asia.

joonian

Reaction score
You should go to the very underrated Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur and (maybe) Bangkok, Bali, Phuket. Singapore if you feel like throwing your cash away.

Canvas08

Reaction score
Cambodia is great and cheap for the purposes you specified

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Jakarta is a shithole but has amazing nightlife and a surprisingly impressive disregard for carnal morality.

Phnom Penh is pretty fun. Really growing up at the moment. God, when I first went it was dark. Seriously creepy dark. But we made the most out of it :)

Pattaya is pretty insane in a human safari of sin kinda way. Fun place for a bachelor party but basically a hole.

Phuket blows but it's busy, I'd say jump on the boat to Phi Phi for young drunk girls on nicer beach instead.

Both Bangkok and Saigon have calmed down a lot but you can still have a good time in either.

You missed Vang Vieng by about 6 months, it was the hammered horny backpacker girl looking for a cleaner bed to sleep in capital of the universe for a while there.

3k won't get you far in Singapore. I have seen many a bar tab exceed that there. Skip it.

Sigh...my younger years were fun... Getting old. Have a great time boys.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads