1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Trip to nyc nov 8-10

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by The_Foxx, Oct 15, 2004.

1. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

OK, going to the big city November 8-10. Kind of on a budget, might buy a couple of ties from saks/ bergdorf, possibly a cool t-shirt and jeans, nothing spectacular.

Mainly, it's a solo trip to get away for a little while and recharge, walk in central park to see the fall leaves, etc. Any recommendations or suggestions for this type of trip? I'd like to stick to the 5th avenue/ central park/ rockefeller plaza areas. I will probably stop by the Flusser store, Domenico Vacca, and....? I'll be sure to take some photos, for anyone interested.

2. Cpal

Cpal Well-Known Member

Lunch at Bergdorf Men's cafe. Great soup, sandwiches, salads - kinda pricey but a nice quite calm place to grab a bite in the greatest men's store in the city. Have fun.

3. arvi

arvi Senior member

if you're interested in shopping (window or otherwise) in this area you should check out the borrelli shop around the corner fron domenico vacca..to complete the trinity of authentic italian menswear shops visit eredi pisano on madison avenue between 55 & 56 streets..don't forget barneys for wide selection like bergdorf (even if the latter is more refined)..try the bar at the four seasons hotel on east 57th..if you want other suggestions let me know..i live and work and shop in the area