Trip to Italy

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Insurance man, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Insurance man

Insurance man Member

Looking at planing a trip to Italy next summer does anyone have any suggestions of travel agency's to go thru. I have never gone and I am looking at taking my wife to do a little shopping for her and I both. I am thinking about doing 5 days on the ground. Any ideas? All help is appreciated in advance.

2. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

Next summer?!?
    Unless you are in the southern hemisphere and you are talking about 2/3 months from now, why not do it independently. Plenty of time to plan.
    See tons of other threads for places to see on various time schedules.

3. soul71

soul71 New Member

Hi,
    I'm italian.
    If you tell me what would you like to see most (art cities ? Countryside ? Beaches ?) then I might be of help...

4. culture

culture Senior member

If you have 5 days and youre interested in shopping go to Rome. You wont be able to see half of what Rome has to offer in just 5 days but theres plenty of shopping. If you want a change of scenery: take a day trip up to Pompeii. Or take 2 days, fly/drive/train up to Venice, spend the night and head back.

If money is no object, call a travel agent and tell them what youre interested in (shopping, history, beaches).

If you want to keep an eye on the costs and since you have 9 months make a budget for what you want to spend each day (flight, hotel, meals, tips, etc). Then keep an eye on kayak.com or any other travel website until you find a flight that youre happy with or that is below your budget. Do the same for your hotel. Research your hotel on Tripadvisor.com before you confirm a reservation.

5. sns23

sns23 Senior member

I would go to Northern Italy over 5 days compared to just Rome. Start in Florence, then to Podova, and end in Venice.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011