Trip to England in September

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Dan G, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Dan G

Dan G Senior member

Hey guys, I'm planning a trip to London with a possible stop in Northampton. I've never been there before, so I don't quite know what to expect. What would be my best source of off-price Greens, C&Js and Lobbs? Can anyone visit the factory? Are seconds available there? Any advice is appreciated.

2. Morris

Morris Senior member

You will be able to find off price C&Js at Pediwear in Northhampton.

3. Dan G

Dan G Senior member

So pediwear operates a brick and mortar retail store? I thought it was just a site....

4. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I am going in August and am also interested in this thread.

Is there an EG and Lobb outlet and where are they? Any other must-see stops? Thanks.

5. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

I am going in August and am also interested in this thread.

Is there an EG and Lobb outlet and where are they? Any other must-see stops? Thanks.

From what I understand Z, there are factory stores at C&J, EG and JL. JL has the largest assortment and prices in the 220-250GBP. They sell rejects, samples outdated models etc and generally have a robust selection. EG has a more meager selection as they tend to save things for their 2x yearly store sales. C&J also has a fairly good selection but their pricing is relatively high.

6. TKDKid

TKDKid Senior member

See this thread at Ask Andy's.

Best thing about the factory shops is that most of the stock is set out on racks - so you just go to the racks in your size and help yourself. [​IMG]

Haven't got EG's details to hand at the moment. My understanding is that they don't have a factory shop as such - you have to call in advance to enquire about shoes in your size and make an appointment to visit.

7. TKDKid

TKDKid Senior member

Edward Green & Co Ltd
    Cliftonville Road
    Northampton
    NN1 5BU
    Tel: (01604)-626880
    Fax: (01604)-626889

8. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

Get your clothes and head immediately to the Tate and the National Gallery looking fabulous[​IMG]

9. ollie

ollie Active Member

hi there,

i visited northampton in march. there are factory outlets from church`s, lobb, trickers and c&j. eg has their factory there as well, but not a real factory shop afaik. unfortunatley i could only visit trickers and church`s, because we ran out of time. c&j btw is only open friday. at trickers i bought two pairs for 180 gbp each. these were both standard items from their catalog. the seconds at trickers sell for about 80 gbp a pair. at church`s i bought a pair of seconds for 140 gbp. both factory shops had a large selection of seconds. and at lest at trickers you can buy anything they produce at reduced prices. if anyone goes there ask for david and greet him from me[​IMG] for the adresses and more info take a look at the german shoe-site www.dailyshoes.de
    if you enter trickers and northampton in the search ("suche" in german) you can find the threat.

10. Dan G

Dan G Senior member

Great info. thanks guys. JL for around $400 sound darn good.