1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Trimming down trousers - possible/worthwhile?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by skalogre, Sep 29, 2006.

1. skalogre

skalogre Distinguished Member

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck slimming down the width of trouser legs before. Was it effective and worthwhile in your opinion?

Stelios

2. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

Yes and yes. Once I visited my tailor shop, only to be helped by a man I'd never met before. He knew exactly what needed to be done, and turned a pair of cheap OTR trousers into one of the best fitting pairs I have in my wardrobe.

Naturally, I've never seen him again.

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

i had about 3 trousers trimmed at the legs and it was like getting back new trousers. high recommended procedure if the leg width is bugging you

4. skalogre

skalogre Distinguished Member

Damn! I expected responses in the "they made them look like I had ostrich legs" or "I had to send them to this tailor in Naples and pay 5 times their original value" [​IMG]
    Encouraging. Thanks Doc & GS!

5. Aaron

Aaron Distinguished Member

Like others I've had it done and it's worked wonders. Although I've had it done on flat front pants only. I would imagine it would be a little more difficult to do it with pleated pants.

A.

6. a tailor

a tailor Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Like others I've had it done and it's worked wonders. Although I've had it done on flat front pants only. I would imagine it would be a little more difficult to do it with pleated pants.

A.

pleated or plain both can be tapered in the legs.