1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Trim fit Tuxedo?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sehender1, Dec 13, 2012.

1. sehender1

sehender1 Active Member

Am mulling an indulgence purchase.
    I already have two tuxedos, a Polo and a Hart Schaffner Marx that I just bought a year ago. One is shawl collared, the other notched. Both are standard fit. Very nice - love them.

But I'm thinking of a third - a trim fit Versace I've found at Nordstrom.
    Pluses include the fit (which is like most of the suits I wear; I prefer that slim silhouette) and the lapels, which are peak.

This isn't about need, obviously. If I bought it, I'd just be splurging.

But I'm wondering what people think of Tuxes with this cut. Some others I've seen seem faddish, but this one looks a little more classic retro - something that could have more longevity.

Here's the link to the tux..
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/versace...extualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=0

2. YRR92

YRR92 Senior member

I'm no expert, but two buttons? Not as cool as a single button. Also, the cloth looks kinda gross, and is a poly-blend.

I'd want an utterly incredible wardrobe before I bought a third tux, too.

3. sehender1

sehender1 Active Member

Yah - i noticed the two buttons; my others have one..
    And the cloth does look weird.. didn't notice the poly-blend - thanks for pointing that out..

But now I've got my mind stuck on a trim fit tux!! ha!

4. tgt465

tgt465 Senior member

Take a tuxedo you already own to a competent tailor and he can make it trim fit.

5. superfishy8

superfishy8 Well-Known Member

sorry but what are you doing walking around with two tuxes? do you really need a third one? unless black tie affairs are a regular affair for you, you're better off sending that one tux to the tailor to get it perfectly fitted then have 3 tuxes lying around. just by two cents

6. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

Two buttons? Side vents? Pocket flaps? Next...

"Indulging" on a tuxedo is about as backwards as it gets. Maybe I missed something. How frequently do you wear tuxedos?

7. yeats

yeats New Member

I personally have worn a tux about 3 times only, in the last 3 or 4 years. Unless your work calls for it, indulging in tuxedos wouldn't be too wise. for suits that's a different matter..

8. Roger Everett

Roger Everett Senior member

Aside from the 2- button , Polyester/ Wool/ Elastane blend, already mentioned, did anyone notice that the pants have belt loops ---BELT LOOPS on tux pants ???

9. 17 Seconds

17 Seconds Well-Known Member

The nerve! Someone forward this thread to Nordstrom, STAT!

10. Mycroft11Zero

Mycroft11Zero Member

This tux looks the hell like a suit to me if it doesnt have that shiny lapel.