• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it US = UK + 1 or UK +.5? Convention seems to be +.5, but I don't think I've ever seen a post on this board anywhere that suggested anything but +1, regardless of the brand involved (CT/Loake comes to mind, but there are others). Just wondering.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
i usually wear a US size 10-1/2. a pair of trickers i recently purchased was a UK size 9, and to my surprise they were still roomier than what i originally thought.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
i usually wear a US size 10-1/2. a pair of trickers i recently purchased was a UK size 9, and to my surprise they were still roomier than what i originally thought.

I agree with acidboy. tricker's run 1-1.5 sizes larger than the corresponding US size.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bump - has any of the information in this thread changed over the past 2 years?

I'm a UK6.5 (Church's and Grenson sizing) and I'm wondering if a UK7 in a Trickers Stow boot will be insanely large (i'm planning on putting in an insole).

Thanks.

Salsalocust

Reaction score
Originally Posted by triniboy27
Bump - has any of the information in this thread changed over the past 2 years?

I'm a UK6.5 (Church's and Grenson sizing) and I'm wondering if a UK7 in a Trickers Stow boot will be insanely large (i'm planning on putting in an insole).

Thanks.

I will say that I generally wear a UK 8 E in dress shoes whether Trickers or C & J.

However items on a Trickers Country last ( Henry, Stow and Bourton) are all on a UK 7.5 with a "5" width fitting.

IMHO you need possibly to be going the other way. If it is a "6" width fitting be warned
smile.gif

Regards,

Graham

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information Graham.

I think I'm being too ambitious so I'll keep my eye out for a smaller size.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Size 10.5 US Paul Stuart Grenson
Size 10 US AE
Size 10 US Santoni
Size 9 UK Trickers

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes I have seen 1 full size and even 1.5 size conversion for Tricker's.

The lasts vary according to the model, unfortunately there isn't a very detailed last database for Tricker's like there is for other makes.

My Stow boot UK9 fits like a US10

I have owned Bourton derbies which are on a "rounder"-shaped last (unfortunately I don't know the last number) and the marked UK8 fit like a US9.5

The one thing which I haven't tried are their full-on dress shoes. Without being able to try them on I would order 1 full size off from the US size.

atomicranch

Reaction score
I can't speak for their other models, but I agreed with above posters on the Stow. I'm a US 10.5 in all my AEs, and wear a 9.5 in the Stow.

element02

Reaction score
I drop a full size for the Country Collection and a .5 size for the Jermyn Street Collection.

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the information I need right in this thread, thanks SF!

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking of picking up the Epsom in a size 12 (5) but I'm not too sure whether I should go with an 11.5 (5). Any updated sizing info?

1d61_1.JPG

!BN4MeZgBGk~$(KGrHgoOKkEEjlLmY7zeBJr5KebWSg~~_1.JPG

!BN4MfKgBWk~$(KGrHgoOKi0EjlLmWv+IBJr5KnO,bw~~_1.JPG

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
Thinking of picking up the Epsom ...
got them from the eBay shop, they are on a nice last and sizing is normal, no need to go down as these are no Stow boots

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads