• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tricker's size and fit compared to other makers

altavista

Reaction score
I know for certain that Tricker's 4497S and 4444 lasts in UK7 fit me well (unless made from Olivvia leather).

However, converting to other brands is far from straightforward.
To begin with, my foot size is 265mm which is according to Tricker's own chart is UK8.5!

1664548451753.png

I know there are people who have a fair bit of experience with Tricker's and other brands. What is the best way to determine your size when trying shoes in a shop is not an option? As the example above shows, relying on manufacturer's size charts is not a panacea.

giangiobomber

Reaction score
Not sure there is a safe and sure way to convert size but I just received my Tricker's Stow boot in acorn antique today and can share my experience.

In US Brannock my right foot is size 9 and left is 9.5 between B and C width, in Europe i wear size 42 (equivalent to 9 US).
Because my foot is narrow i am generally able to size down and wear 8.5D/C or 9C in dress shoes depending on the manufacturer.

For Trickers i went with size 7 UK and they fit perfect; there is even space to wear thick skiing socks.

I had the same experience with Meermin, had to go down to size 7.
With Carmina i only had to downsize to 7.5 - go figure.

Consider the shape of the last and your foot width when sizing shoes, just my 2C.

pwc008

Reaction score
I usually wear a U.S. 10D or 10.5. 9.5D in Alden Van last. Most of my C&J are UK 9.5E; exceptions are the Westfield and Portman 3, in which I wear a U.K. 9E.

All 3 of my Trickers are UK 9. I find Trickers fit a little large, but have tremendous arch support for which I am very grateful as I have very high arches. In terms of comfort right out of the box, I put Trickers above C&J. However, I have feet with more issues than I care to mention.

Reaction score
I usually wear a U.S. 10D or 10.5. 9.5D in Alden Van last. Most of my C&J are UK 9.5E; exceptions are the Westfield and Portman 3, in which I wear a U.K. 9E.

All 3 of my Trickers are UK 9. I find Trickers fit a little large, but have tremendous arch support for which I am very grateful as I have very high arches. In terms of comfort right out of the box, I put Trickers above C&J. However, I have feet with more issues than I care to mention.
Which Trickers do you own? I have two Stow boots. For me they have zero arch support. I have low arches.

pwc008

Reaction score
2 pair of Kensingtons and 1 loafer, the James I think.

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score

I would agree that Trickers provide good arch support (referring to Bourton, Bobby and Stow models). In my case that is compared to Cheaney and Barker.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads