1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by rkusmant, May 4, 2011.

1. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

I don't think they have good selection of cordovan, navy calf will be more realistic and keep the price low. I found this at Japanese blog [​IMG] I'm thinking instead of using "Burford" as the base, we can use the "Eaton" without all the medallion and brogues.

2. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

it is... i think boots shouldn't look like sneakers and a blue sole makes it look like a sneaker!

Some people have enough brown/black shoes with brown/black soles already - variety makes it interesting, and obviously a colour combo that one person fancies may not excite another...no need to get too critical.

3. larryr

larryr Senior member

Just to consolidate, per rkusmant's instructions, what I would propose for a boot: (let me know if I am missing something or if you have any suggestions for improvement)

"Frans Boone Inspired Stow Boot"
    Tricker's Stow 2297 Last 5 (Medium) Fitting
    Color, Wheat Cavalier calf
    Binding, Natural Binding.
    Lining, Natural Calf Lining (open to a color option)
    Pull Tabs, Dark navy Pull Tabs.
    Eyelets, Brass Eyelets.
    Welt, Barbour Welt in Natural Finish.
    Sole, Gumlite Microfoam Sole in Dark Navy

Hope others are interested.

How much would this be?

4. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

^ 270 british pounds if shipped to the U.S. (because of not being charged VAT). So at todays exchange rate $437. Pretty good deal if you ask me, relative to what these boots go for at retail.

5. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I don't think they have good selection of cordovan, navy calf will be more realistic and keep the price low.

I found this at Japanese blog

I'm thinking instead of using "Burford" as the base, we can use the "Eaton" without all the medallion and brogues.

Hmm, those image links are broken.

I'd be up for a navy double monk.

Mr. Moo had these double monks recently.
    [​IMG]

Some one had these for sale too. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=217279

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

wow, the link is just gone. It's basically a 'Burford' with 2 leather strips with buckles (similar to engineer boots) across the top. similar buckle to this Tricker's [​IMG] Also, found out that Tricker's made this nice dress boots [​IMG]

7. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

Wes Bourne had some ideas for an interesting boot but I'll let him post them.

Just gotta work out my sizing first. [​IMG]

8. alladin

alladin Senior member

How about this boot on last 81. It is the stow, but I guess we could request it to be a cap-toe with no broueing.

Also, what is the status of the Roy boot. I would be interested in brown zug grain with no storm welt (leather or dainite)

[​IMG]

No love for this type of dress boot? I think it would look great in coffee/brown zug grain on double leather sole.

9. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

The Roy boots has no takers at this time. The boots look sleeker than Stow, do you know what last they're made of? Richard just send me these photos [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] They'll only be available via MTO so the best bet is group buy, but I believe we can modify the boots. I personally think if the buckles on the biker's boots are located in front (across the laces) it'll be better, make it double buckle at the front, add perforated captoe, lose the 'gear shift' patch and the wingtip.

10. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

11. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

since there is no dedicated trickers thread -- as my friend is coming back from the UK, is ~190GBP or ~300usd considered a good price for Brand New Trickers Bourton or Stow? [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

^ Yes [​IMG]
    Even seconds from Tricker's factory shop will run at 195 to 225 pounds.

13. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

since there is no dedicated trickers thread -- as my friend is coming back from the UK, is ~190GBP or ~300usd considered a good price for Brand New Trickers Bourton or Stow? [​IMG] [​IMG]
    yeah it is. if he can pick up a pair itll save you atleast $150 in cost/shipping/headache

15. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

anymore takers on the navy double monkstrap?

FYI, Please submit your down payment for both LW shoes and Eaton for Septermber 2011 folks, and don't forget to update me here or via PM.

16. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

Just a suggestion - Roy boots in black is very similar to the black scotch grain Grasmere boots.
    Perhaps could do the tan scotch grain & commando sole (make it 'super') for the Roy boots instead?

17. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

anymore takers on the navy double monkstrap? FYI, Please submit your down payment for both LW shoes and Eaton for Septermber 2011 folks, and don't forget to update me here or via PM.
    Down payment submitted for Eaton September order. Thanks, rkusmant for organizing.

Anybody else interested in the Stow boots a la FB?

18. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

Yeah Mike, tan scotch grain can look good too, I think AS has the similar style in tan color here it is [​IMG] AS Culford

19. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

20. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

^ I think the Tricker's light tan scotch has a stronger grain print and lighter colour (almost wheat).
    Those Culford boots look nice, I was tossing up between those and the Grasmere some weeks back.